Chapter 2: "Just Tell Them You're Cassie's Friend!"

I stopped in my tracks.

"What do you mean we have a problem? What kind of problem?" 

"I'm...not at the train station."

"Oh! You're just late? Not a big deal, I'll just hang out until you're here. You didn't have to freak out?"

"No, Olivia, listen to me. I'm not going to be at the train station, at all. I'm not in the Hamptons anymore. When Blake picked me up from the airport he bombarded me with a surprise two day fishing trip. I didn't know what was happening until I was in his car and we were driving the opposite way from my parents house. I won't be back until right before their anniversary party."

You know those moments when you feel like you can't breathe and time feels like it's completely stopped? This was one of those moments.

"Levi. Tell Blake to turn the car around." 

"Liv, I tried, but you know how Blake is."

"Levi. Tell Blake to TURN THE CAR AROUND."

"Olivia, I DID! He won't turn it around. He insists that we need some "bro time to relax" before this big party with all of our parent's snooty friends."

"Give Blake the phone." I took a deep breath, ready to release every ounce of anger I felt right into Blake's ear.

"Heeeeeey, my girl Olivia, what's upppp! So, before you say anything-"

"BEFORE I SAY ANYTHING? BLAKE! You KNOW what's happening this week. You KNOW his parents don't know anything about me. What am I supposed to do? Get back on the train and ride back to Georgia?"

"Okay, listen, I already had this whole trip planned! A little R&R time for the bois! Just give me these couple of days, and you can have Levi all to yourself for the rest of your time here. Besides, Levi and I have been brainstorming while YOU were napping, and I think we have a pretty good plan. Just tell them you're Cassie's friend!"

My eyes immediately shot wide open. Cassie? As in Levi's sister? As in Levi's sister who I have NEVER MET? I can see this plan falling apart before my eyes.

"Blake, why can't I just tell them I'm his girlfriend and explain the situation? Why do we need a cover? Besides, I don't know Cassie. I've never met Cassie. How am I supposed to be her friend? How did we meet? This isn't going to work."

"Hey, Olivia, look, you don't know his parents like I do. It'll be better for everyone if we just press pause. They'll blow up if he doesn't tell them himself that he's had a secret girlfriend for the past year. As soon as he gets there, he'll explain everything to them. Don't worry, Levi called Cassie already and she's on board. She just driving back into town from her semester away at her school in New Jersey, and she'll pick you up on her way to her parents. She's probably at the station right now looking for you. Just go to the house with her, and let her introduce you as her friend from college. It'll be fine. Bye!"

Before I could get mad at Blake for hanging up on me, I heard the sound of my name being screamed through the station.

"OOOOLLIIIIVVIIIAAAA??? LIVVVV? OH! There you are!!!"

I looked up, and there she was. All 5 foot, 4 inches of her. She as just as pretty as she'd been over FaceTime. Her skin was already tanned and freckled from playing lacrosse in the sun, and her light brown hair was thrown up into an effortless bun.

"Cassie!? Oh my God it's really you!!" I jumped up and met her halfway in a big hug, just like I'd known her for years. Jeez, she's even prettier up close. Cassie is one of those girls who is so naturally pretty it seems unfair. Flawless skin, perfect smile, and cheekbones that'll make your mama cry.