envy 0.2

—

"the new kid is broken", jeongguk said to yoongi on their way to lunch.

"he's what?", yoongi exhaled in amusement.

"he's weird. he's just off. and he doesn't care... like, he's not threatened by me. like who the fuck? there's not a reason he shouldn't be", jungkook said, using his hands to talk as if he's explaining a murder case. yoongi just laughed.

"hm, well. maybe just ignore him and it'll, poof, go away", yoongi said, acting as if he just did a magic trick.

"thanks. big help", jeongguk replied, glaring at the other.

"any time", he responded as they get to their table and sit down with jin and jimin.

"where's hoseok?", jeongguk asked.

"i don't know maybe he's-", jimin got cut off by the sudden arrival of their cheery friend.

"hey guys, this is taehyung, he's in my dance class", hoseok said smiling and showing them his new found "friend". 

jeongguk's expression dropped and yoongi burst out in laughter, earning surprised looks from the whole group, as he's never loud or very expressive at all. when the two sat down, jin decided to break the conversation between them and the silence from jeongguk.

"so since he doesn't know any of us, we should introduce ourselves", he said with a smile. "i'm jin, i'm a senior and i guess i kind of keep this group together and keep everyone on good terms with each other", taehyung smiled at the interaction, as he didn't expect something nice to come out of the group.

"i'm jimin, i'm a sophomore and i'm a dancer and i moved here last year from incheon", he said, darting his eyes around the new boy's face in awe.

"take a picture, jimin, it'll last longer", yoongi said, getting a deep shade of red to appear on jimin's face, and gaining the attention of the new kid. "yoongi. junior.", he said and went back to playing on his phone. jin looked at jeongguk with an agitated expression. finally, he rolled his eyes and decided to speak.

"i'm jeongguk. i'm a sophomore. i kind of do a little bit of everything", he said and glared at jin who only rolled his eyes.

"you already know, but i'm hoseok and i'm a junior and i dance and keep everyone in a good mood but i also protect these people like they're my own blood", he laughed, earning a smile from taehyung.

"well, i'm taehyung. some of you already know that", he said eyeing jeongguk, earning a glare from him, "i'm a sophomore and i'm an art and media student", he finished.

"so where'd you move here from", yoongi asked.

"i moved from incheon. my dad's business moved headquarters which is why we moved here, to busan."

"what's his business?", jeongguk asked, earning a surprised look from all of them.

"he owns a photography company, it's so cool. they organise and direct shoots for magazines like seventeen and for companies like gucci and louis vuitton", taehyung replied, eyes lit up. jeongguk just nodded, pushing out a thought and replacing it with another. 

"so he's a stuck up rich boy, that's what's wrong with him", he thought to himself.

"did you even have to apply to come here then", yoongi said sarcastically, earning a laugh from taehyung.

"actually i did have to. but i have a 4.3 gpa and my testing scores are above average. it wasn't hard to get in", he said, smiling. the others nodded and gave compliments and congratulations. all the while, it made jeongguk seethe. not because taehyung sounded like he was bragging, but because he didn't sound like he was when he said it. he didn't sound as if he worked hard to get it; that infuriated jeongguk.

after school jeongguk and yoongi walked out from their last class, looking for jimin along the way per usual, and gaining more of the group as they walked, like a magnet.

"looks like he got what he wanted", yoongi said, eyebrows raised at the scene in front of him. jeongguk froze feeling his blood start to boil. taehyung, with jimin, against the wall, hands in taehyung's hair, tongue deep in jimin.

"are you fucking kidding me like is that actually happening right now", jeongguk said, eyebrows raised, clenching his fists.

"yea, let me go ruin it", yoongi said, smirking and walking over to the pair, jeongguk following. "pda is against school policy, baby boy", yoongi whispered into jimin's ear causing, him to jump and taehyung to back up too fast, losing his balance running his back right into jeongguk. he spun taehyung around by the hips and looked him dead in the eyes.

"not right now baby we're in school", he winked at taehyung, causing him to blush with wide eyes, as jeongguk walked off. "oh, i'll see you all later. my friend is coming from gwangju for the weekend", he called back to his friends, seeing that all of them had shown up. he also noticed the shade of red on the new boy's face and smirked to himself and looked taehyung up and down. 

while he was walking off school grounds, he saw taehyung get in a white mercedez. with jimin.  he rolled his eyes harder than he thought was possible, feeling a mixture of feelings he didn't want to feel.

that was just the beginning.