Chapter 17: The One-Winged Angel Cometh

Start from the beginning

After the referee gave the title, Josh went over and held his hand out for Travis. The American Nightmare looked at the Fallen Warrior and the Venus FlyTrap in the eyes until he accepted his help as Josh pulled him to his feet. The Fallen Warrior and Peyton held up the Too Sweet. Travis and Billie were no longer under the Fiend's or the Republic's control as they connected the Too Sweet, the two are now siding with the Brotherhood.

(Kairi vs. Io)

The next match was a one on one women's division match between two of Stardom's alumni, Io Shirai and Kairi Sane. Their first encounter at NXT UK ended in a double count out and both sides look for a clean victory. Kairi and Io knew each other well, so a sequence was involved.

Kairi then connected with a right forearm on Io, fazing the Genius of the Sky. The Pirate Princess taunted Io while she laughed.

(End of match)

Io was flat on her back, and Kairi was gonna end with an Insane Elbow; she connected and got the pinfall victory.

The second to last match was the United States Championship match between defending champion Randy Orton against the challenger Pete Dunne. However, the match didn't go through as Pete was attacked backstage by Republic members Pierce, Colby, Seth and Miz. In the ring, Randy was smirking and was given the victory by forfeit as Pete was unable to compete.

As co-leader, Randy ordered the entire Bliss Republic to come be in Shepherd's corner for his WWE title match in the main event.

Shepherd made his entrance as he leads the Bliss Republic to the ring. Shepherd got in the ring and posed on the turnbuckle as he raised his WWE Championship. He was full of confidence going up against his arch rival, the Scotsman Drew McIntyre.

Drew made his entrance all alone as he want to go into the match on his own despite the entire enemy group against him. He got in the ring and did his war cry. He took off his jacket and went into battle mode.

(McIntyre vs. Shepherd)

The WrestleMania rematch went underway with the two locking up. Learning from the past, Drew avoided attempted grapple moves from the Duke.

The Scotsman went for a Claymore, but Shepherd side stepped and went for an early Giga Savate Strike, but Drew dodged it.

(Minutes later)

Shepherd got Drew with a Giga Savate Strike, fazing and sending the Scotsman to the outside; the Bliss Republic surrounded him. Drew saw his predicament and made the smart choice of focusing on Shepherd and the match. McIntyre avoided a right hand and got Shepherd in the Future Shock, but Shepherd got out and hits a DDT.

(End of match)

Drew was in the corner measuring Shepherd for another Claymore. He saw the opportunity and kicked the WWE Champion in the face, however Randy gave the signal and ordered the Republic to pounce, ending the match in a disqualification. The Republic were stomping on the Scotsman like a pack of wolves. The Brotherhood attempted to aid the Scotsman, but they soon fell to the numbers game. The Bliss Republic continued their assault on McIntyre until a theme stopped their attack.

They turned to see that the One-Winged Angel was in the arena. He made his entrance as descends down while the titantron was white, showing his shadow figure with his one wing hanging out on his back. As the platform was on ground level, the Angel took a step forward as he stared down at the Bliss Republic. Then the screen flashed a message.

"Shall I give you despair?"

The One-Winged Angel proceeded to walk down the ramp until he stopped at ringside. He then took off his coat and the one angel wing. He got in the ring and the Republic immediately pounced. However the One-Winged Angel popped out of the ambush and proceeded to attack the Bliss Republic with quick combinations of punches, kicks, knees and elbows while his hood was still on. The only feature the group can see of him was his silver colored eyes.

As the One-Winged Angel cleared the ring of the Republic, he turned his attention to Randy Orton. He then went to the Viper and connected quick punches followed by a superkick, sending the Viper rolling.

The Bliss Republic retreated to the stage while the Brotherhood went in the ring to help Drew to his feet. The Brotherhood saw the One-Winged Angel in person. The Republic were shouting and demanding on who is behind the hood. 

The One-Winged Angel removed his hood slowly and to the shock of the crowd, the Brotherhood and the Bliss Republic it was Alex Auditore, reborn as the One-Winged Angel. The Viper was shocked to see his apprentice at 100%, and thought the punt kick will sideline him for months.

Alex turned around to face the Brotherhood and nodded at them before raising his hand for the Too Sweet. The Brotherhood connected and now they're complete as their leader was now back and better than ever with a whole different persona. The show ended with Alex staring at the Bliss Republic with a cold and vengeful look on his eyes.

Backlash results:

Roman Reigns and Kevin Owens defeated Seth Rollins and Finn Balor - Tag team match

Josh Stevens defeated Travis Sharp (c) - Singles match for the Intercontinental Championship

Kairi Sane defeated Io Shirai - Singles match

Randy Orton (c) defeated Pete Dunne by forfeit - Singles match for the United States Championship

Drew McIntyre defeated Blood Shepherd (c) by disqualification - Singles match for the WWE Championship