22: hogs & kisses

Start from the beginning

"In fact, many students wind up finding their long life mates here at PennBrook," Heather recited. "And while it may not be the number one reason," Declan continued. "It sure ranks high on our list," Heather stated as she gazed into Declan's eyes while the cameras kept rolling.

  "All done in just one take! How about we wrap this up now," Shawn shot up from his seat as he waited for the director to shout 'cut'. However, the director was still mesmerized by Heather's and Declan's chemistry that he ordered them to kiss.

   "No kissing," Shawn anxiously leaned into the director ear, hoping he would get rid of the idea. "Now how about we end this with a kiss," The director suggested out loud.

   Heather couldn't process what had been said, and before she knew it, Declan crashed his lips onto hers. Her lips remained firm while Declan continued kissing, but as each second passed, Declan escalated the intensity of the kiss. Meanwhile Cory and Topanga watched their best friend Shawn hyperventilate at the tv screen, and back to Heather and Declan.

  Once everything clicked to Heather that she was kissing someone other than her boyfriend, she pushed Declan off of her and got up from her seat. The director finally yelled cut, as Shawn charged at Declan.

   "What are you doing kissing my girlfriend?!" Shawn shoved Declan in anger. Heather quickly got in the middle to calm Shawn down.

   "We were just acting," Declan scoffed as he got his balance back and broadened his shoulders.

  "Shawn, he was just listening to the director," Heather stated.

    Declan gave Shawn a taunting smile as Heather came to his defence. Watching Declan enjoy Shawn losing his mind was the final tick.

   "Why are you defending him?!" Shawn questioned frustrated while he threw his arms, staring at Heather with so much hurt in eyes. Heather was taken aback at how much a staged kiss negatively affected Shawn.

"Shawn, it was a fake kiss. That's all it was," Heather pleaded, trying to calm him down.

"Maybe for you. But not for him," Shawn rebutted.

Heather raised her brow with a puzzled look on her face. She didn't understand what Shawn meant as she shook her head in a confused state. Heather turned over at Declan for a response since no one seemed to give her an answer.

    "Declan? Is there something I should know," Heather inquired with her arms crossed.

   "Yes, actually," Declan replied. He cleared his throat as he prepared for what he was about to reveal. His plan to get Heather back had been slightly off course, but he was ready to face the music. In the midst of everything, Cory and Topanga stood nearby with a bucket full of popcorn watching the drama unfold.

   "Heather, I still having feelings for you," Declan confessed.

  "No you don't," Heather replied in a sharp tone.

    Heather couldn't manage the amount of overwhelming emotions that consumed her brain. It was easy for her to co-exist with Declan after they had closure, because she presumed that he no longer wanted her. She wished that she was completely unbothered but she couldn't be. Declan was Heather's first boyfriend. The guy Heather exerted her teenage boy-crazy energy on. The guy Heather fell in love the second he said hello.

   "You can't, Dec. We're broken up, and I'm taken," Heather responded softly. She wanted to lightly turn him down, knowing how brave it was to be vulnerable and to put your heart on the line. Heather stood beside Shawn, as place his arm around Heather's shoulders.

    It was hard to watch the sight of Declan collecting himself after being rejected. His captivating blue eyes were gleamy, and his mouth formed into a fake smile. Declan nodded and took a deep breath before he exited.

   "You're right. I was being silly for thinking anything other wise," Declan walked away with his head down. 

    "Now, that's a wrap," the director shouted as he and the crew silently kept the camera's rolling, capturing the secrets unravel in real life.

    Cory and Topanga slowly rejoin Shawn and Heather after the intense argument. "We can go back to our normal lives now," Shawn sighed as Cory let out a chuckle. Shawn, Cory, and Topanga resumed their day as normal and continued to converse and joke around.

  The group quickly noticed Heather's quietness, and stopped laughing.

  "Hey, you good?" Cory asked.

  "Yeah, I just need to be alone right now," Heather stated as she walked away.