"You're real forgiving."

You giggled. "I try to be."

That got a smile out of him. "Just so you know, we all feel dumb about it and we're sorry. I know Kid won't say it, the others might or might not." Wire shrugged. "But it's none of our business what you do and it shouldn't decide how we treat you."

You couldn't stop grinning at him like a fool. And the more he rambled on the wider your smile got until he frowned at you.

"What?" He asked, confused.

"I wasn't expecting an apology or anything. You're just being real sweet."

If you were ever known for one thing, it was being straightforward and Wire wasn't planning on you saying anything like that. He turned away, a slight blush dusting his cheeks.

"Well it makes sense to apologize for being an ass."

"You're not wrong."

A bead of sweat trailed down the side of his face and you realized he had to be burning up in his jacket. He hadn't even pulled the hood down since he'd come over. You'd taken off your button up a while ago as it had gotten warmer and even in your tank top you were working on breaking a sweat.

"Why don't we go inside for a minute and get everyone some water? I think we're all due for a break." You suggested.

Wire needed to cool off and you'd been going at this for about an hour now.

"Sure." He looked relieved. Maybe you could talk him into taking off that damn jacket.

He followed you inside, temporarily abandoning the swing. The second the two of you were hit with the cooler air from the house, you let out sighs of contentment. Air conditioning was a wonderful thing. Wire soon saw he wasn't really needed to help you with this but was more than happy to down a full glass of water when you placed it in front of him.

"You know, you wouldn't be so hot if you took that sweater off." You refilled his glass and made three more for the others.

"Yeah... I'm more comfortable with it on."

"Are you embarrassed about something?"

He almost choked on his second glass. You hit the nail on the head, so to speak.

"I'm sure it's already quite obvious but I'll say it anyway." You continued. "This is a judgement free zone so you don't have to worry about anything like that here."

"You say that now..."

"C'mon Wire, you know I don't care. And I'd really rather you not give yourself heatstroke out there."

"Okay, just don't laugh."

"I would never!" You said with mock offense, gasping and holding a hand to your chest for added effect.

He grinned at your theatrics as he tossed his hood back and unzipped his jacket. With it open, you could see both the instantaneous relief of the cool air hitting him and the worry of you judging him. You fully expected to see some graphic shirt from a silly show or something, or maybe a bare chest covered in scars. The thing he was stressing about was technically a shirt, it was a fishnet top. The neck was high on it which explained why he had the jacked zipped up to the top all the time.

It was different, seeing such a big, tough looking guy so unsure about showing you this. You decided to do what you thought was the best thing to draw his attention away from it; be an absolute dork.

"Holy hell." You pulled at the edges of his jacket so you could see more. "Dude you are ripped."

"What?" Wire was a little taken aback, arms held up slightly as you tugged him around.