Chapter 19

Edited: 8/10/2020

Tris POV:

"You can't be my birth mom she died." I say clinging onto facts. 

"I know that's what you were told and I am so sorry." Natalie says. 

"Why didn't you want me." I feel my eyes start to water up. 

"We did, but I couldn't take care of you I was 16 when I had you and in Abnegation I wasn't able to take care of you yet. I didn't know how to find you until today when I saw you." 

"You left me though and why do you want to come back in my life now." I question knowing it sounds rude. 

"Tris." My mom says. 

"Did you know she was alive." I ask her. 

"Yes." She says quietly.

 "Why did no one tell me anything?" I ask. 

"I couldn't tell you until she came." My mom says.

I turn towards Natalie and she says "I know your probably upset with me and I don't blame you and I will leave now, but please consider coming home to Abnegation." I stand there in shock and she ends up leaving. My mom sits there and doesn't say anything and my brothers look angry and upset. I run up to my room and shut the door. I lock it and lay on my bed. I don't normally cry, but I do. Because tomorrow I have a choice that will effect the rest of my life and I have no idea what to do. 

Later Uriah, Zeke, Marlene, Shauna, Lynn, and Four all come in and now I feel guilty for wanting to leave. They have a key to my door. I almost roll my eyes. I wanted to be alone. "What are all of you guys doing here?" I ask.

 "Uriah told us what happened." Marlene says and she hugs me. "I'm so sorry." 

Four comes over and holds my hand, but doesn't say anything. 

"We can give you guys space for a little bit." Shauna says looking at everyone and they all leave me and Four in here alone. I don't think I am ready for this. I look up at him and I expect him to look angry or upset, but he looks like he is just in shock. 

"Four?" 

"I'm here." He says. 

"I don't know what to do. My whole life is here. But if I don't go I will never get to know my real mom who I just found out exists." I say. 

"I know. Just know if you do go I do care about you and I'll support your choice." He says. Which is sweet, but he is supposed to ask me to stay with him. 

"Four don't you want me to stay?" I ask my voice shaking. 

"Of course I do. But you need to want to stay and you need to choose where you need to be. It should be about you and everyone else will accept what you choose, but if you don't choose the right place you will never get over it." 

"I don't know where I belong anymore. If I leave I'll lose everyone I grew up with and care about. If I don't I'll never meet my birth family." 

"I love you and I always will." he says.

Wow we have never said I love you. I don't know if I should go or not, but I do know that I don't want to lose Four. "I love you too." I lay against him and think. "How do I even decide where I want to go?" 

"You choose the place that you could imagine being for the rest of your life and be happy about." I nod. 

"If I do end up leaving and I am not saying that I am, but just know I didn't want to leave you." I say. (Allegiant quote. :))