Chapter 8

Edited: 8/02/2020

Tris POV:

We knock on my apartment door and Uriah opens it and lets us in. I see my friends inside. Marlene, Lynn, Zeke, Uriah and the Stiff. The stiff looks at me. I think to myself I need to know his name or something cause I don't like just calling him Stiff.

We all sit in a circle on the floor and Uriah and Zeke both shout "I want to go first." Uriah wins saying "it's my house." True because Zeke has to stay in the dorms. 

"Tris candor or dauntless?" 

"Dauntless!" I say. 

He taps his chin thinking. "Go to the pit and ask the first person you see out and then if they say yes slap them and run away." 

"Okay." I say shrugging and not mentioning how easy the dare is. 

Uriah, Marlene and The Stiff are the people watching. Of course the first person I see is Eric. I glare at Uriah. And walk up to Eric. "Hey will you go out with me." I ask him. 

He looks surprised then smiles. "Yes." He pulls me to him before I can smack him and kisses me. I try and push him off, but he won't let go and then he gets pulled off by Uriah and the Stiff. I am annoyed I wasn't able to get him off myself. I am stronger then him. Was his grip that tight? I smack Eric and run back to the apartment and don't stop until I'm sitting on the floor. 

When Uriah, Marlene and the Stiff come back I laugh and say "What took you guys so long?" 

"Um.. your to fast." Marlene says rolling her eyes in a joking way while I laugh.

Okay my turn who will be my victim. "Zeke candor or dauntless?" 

"Dauntless." 

"Kiss your crush." Zeke blushes and then kisses Shauna. 

He pulls away and they are both blushing. He asks the Stiff "Candor or dauntless?" 

He says "Dauntless" 

"I dare you to kiss your crush." The Stiff takes off his shirt. Who's his crush? Or does he not even have one?

I don't look at him because for some reason I feel slightly rejected. Or maybe I feel bad that he doesn't have someone that he likes? I don't know,  but I don't want to worry about it.  He looks at Shauna and says "Candor or dauntless?" 

She says "Candor" 

"PANSYCAKE!" Uriah yells. She rolls her eyes. 

The Stiff asks "Do you like Zeke?"

 "Yes" and she blushes and so does Zeke. I smile Zeke's about to have a girlfriend.

Shauna asks Lynn "Candor or dauntless" and she says "Dauntless." 

"I dare you to hug the first person you see in the hallway and say I missed you so much little brother or sister. If they say there not say how dare you leave us and the act like you don't know us. Then you run away." She goes and does it and comes back.

"Uriah, candor or dauntless?" Lynn asks looking at him with a smirk like she is up to something.

 "Dauntless I ain't no Pansycake!" Uriah says not paying attention to her so he doesn't know that she might be up to something. 

"Okay I dare you to go get a dauntless cake from the dining hall." She says.

 "With pleasure" he says and gets up to leave.

But Lynn says, "You didn't let me finish." Uriah looks back slightly concerned. "You bring it back for us, but you cannot eat any." Uriah thinks and starts to pull his shirt off, "Aww Uriah is going to Pansycake out of an easy dare." Lynn says. Uriah let's his shirt drop and with a glare at Lynn leave to get the cake. 

As soon as he leaves the room we all laugh. "He's going to be so mad." I say in between laughs. We all stop laughing, but Zeke and I make eye contact and laugh again and harder. Finally Uriah comes back with cake for everyone, but I notice he has cake on the corner of his mouth. 

"Uriah did you eat any cake?" I ask. 

"Yes." He says sitting down.

"What?" Lynn asks angry.

"You said I had to bring it back and not eat any. I sat down and ate it there. I did the dare correctly." Uriah says. 

"Oh Uriah outsmarted the dare from Lynn." Zeke says eyes wide. Lynn shakes her head rolling her eyes and eats a slice of cake. 

"Stiff candor or dauntless?"Uriah asks.

"Candor." He says probably wanting to avoid something like his last dare.

 "Why did you transfer?" Uriah asks. 

"I wanted to be free." The Stiff says. He looks at me and says "Tris, candor or dauntless?" 

"Dauntless" I say. 

'"Kiss your crush." Do I even have a crush or do I, I'm not sure. I don't know how I feel about the Stiff everything is super complicated.  "What happens if I don't have one?" I ask still unsure. 

"Then kiss the people in here that you would date."The Stiff says. 

 "Well lucky for me I do have a crush." I take off my leather jacket. For the sake of the game I will say I have one, but I am still not sure. 

Uriah and Zeke's eyes are wide. "What?" Uriah says. "Is it Micheal?" He asks and I shake my head. 

"Who is it?" Zeke asks. 

"A person." I say because I am not sure and I will not admit it even if I do like the Stiff because I don't want people thinking I got rejected by him even though I don't think I even like him. I make eye contact with Marlene and I know she knows I am unsure about how I feel about him.

"Uh huh." Uriah says and he glances at the Stiff uh oh he knows.

"Shauna candor or dauntless?" I ask. 

"dauntless." 

"Dye anyone in here's hair." She looks happy and she looks around and her eyes land on me. 

She grabs my arm and pulls me to the bathroom. She gets to work. She picks out some colors, but I am not allowed to see until the end. After she's done it looks amazing. My hair was blonde the same the way. Now it's the same blonde with streaks of a lighter blonde and purple tips and curled super pretty. I love it.

"Wow it's amazing Shauna." She smiles and looks pleased. She walks out saying 

"Now presenting Tris." I walk out and everyone looks at me and they smile. They all tell Shauna good job and we decide to end the game because we are getting board and we want to walk around the pit and do something fun.

We get to the pit and I decide to go to get another tattoo this one with the word 'always' on my wrist. In cursive meaning I'll always care about everyone in my life the good people and the bad this tattoo is kinda inspired by Micheal, but I don't know how to tell anyone that. It means to me that everyone that has been in my life or is plays a part and I will 'always' care about that.

I decide to get a new outfit for tomorrow because I wanna try something new because of my new hair. I get some jean leggings with lined rips on the sides and a new red dress to go over it. I like the outfit. I also get the same material dress as a shirt because I have training tomorrow and con't wear the dress. After today I feel different I don't know if it's because I had my first break up, but I know I like being near the chasm to think and I realize something while I'm down there and I don't know what I am going to do about it.

***********************************************************************************************

Hey guys thanks for reading. I enjoyed writing this chapter and also the top is a picture of what Tris's tattoo would look like. Also guess what... I drew that! I was amazed cause I don't have good handwriting but yeah.

Don't forget to comment and vote. Thanks!! :)

-Addison.