Expecto Patronum (Levi x Witch Reader)

Start from the beginning

"You're not," you interrupted, gently taking his chin in your hands and making him look at you. "You're not weak, Levi," you repeated, your tone insistent. "Listen to me. Dementors are some of the foulest creatures on this earth. They feed on every happy memory, every glimmer of hope, until you have nothing left but despair. Then they suck out your soul and leave you to a fate worse than death. I suspect so many of them were attracted to you because you have true horrors in your past – horrors that most people can't even imagine. But that doesn't make you weak. In fact..." you gazed at him with such intensity, willing him to understand, "surviving all of those things – and still being as brave and as good as you are – makes you the strongest person I've ever met."

Silence filled the room. Levi held your gaze with misty eyes as your words sank in, until finally he breathed, "Thank you."

You smiled softly, then lightly kissed his forehead before pulling away.

When Levi spoke again, his voice was no longer hoarse, though it was still quiet. "But..." he began haltingly, his brow furrowed in thought, "you made them go away. How?"

"With a Patronus Charm," you explained. "It's like a magical guardian – a projection of positive feelings that acts as a shield against Dementors. You focus on a happy memory – the happiest you can think of – allow it to fill you up, and then..." You waved your wand, and a silver-white (P/A) appeared. It floated contentedly around the bed, filling the space with its comforting glow.

Levi's eyes followed it as he asked quietly, "What memory did you choose?"

You looked at him for a long moment before answering. "You," you breathed. "Always you."

Levi's gaze snapped to yours, searching your eyes as though he couldn't believe what he was hearing. He tentatively brought a hand to your face, his thumb brushing slow, loving strokes along your cheekbone. Your Patronus disappeared as you lost your focus, as you lost yourself in his eyes. After a moment, those grey-blue orbs flicked to your mouth, then back up again, silently asking permission.

The brush of his lips on yours was soft, full of warmth and love. You returned it with equal tenderness. 

After a few more kisses between you, Levi pulled back and looked you in the eye. "(F/n)...my whole life...all of it had basically been just a bad memory, until I met you. Being with you..." his thumb brushed your cheekbone as he searched for the right words, "...it's the only time I've ever felt truly happy. You're my Patronus, (f/n)." Levi pecked your lips again. "And I'm so grateful to you for keeping the darkness away – whether it's those grim-reaper things or otherwise."

His gaze held such sincerity that your breath caught in your throat. You had absolutely no idea what to say. You only knew that your heart was about to burst from your chest. So you kissed him again, conveying what words could not.

The two of you pulled apart, gazing gently at each other. As the heat of the moment wore off, your mind suddenly locked in on what Levi had said, on two words in particular...

You snapped to attention. "Did you just call them...'grim reapers'?"

Levi shrugged. "Yeah. That's what they looked like. Black cloaks, skeleton hands..." He waved his hand in an all-encompassing gesture.

Your eyes widened in shock. "You mean...you could see them?"

"Of course. They were right in front of me. Kind of hard to miss..." Levi trailed off and yawned, the exhaustion from today's events finally catching up to him.

Meanwhile, you couldn't stop gaping at Levi. He was...a wizard. And you never knew. Neither did he, as a matter of fact. However, with everything he had just gone through, you decided that now was not the time to tell him. Tomorrow – you would have that conversation tomorrow.

You reached over and plucked a small goblet from the bedside table. "Drink this," you said, handing the cup to Levi. "It's a potion for deep, dreamless sleep."

Levi took the goblet and examined the purple liquid within. When his gaze returned to yours, it was hesitant. "Will..." he glanced away, a faint blush dusting his cheeks. "Will you stay with me?"

You smiled, placing your hand on his leg in a comforting gesture. "Of course."

Levi looked back at you, gratitude filling his eyes. He drank a few mouthfuls of the potion, feeling himself becoming drowsy at once. Before he could even finish, his exhaustion carried him off to sleep.

You caught the goblet before it could spill, using your other hand to gently lower Levi down to the pillow. You took a moment to just look at him, happy that he finally had a chance to sleep peacefully.

You returned the goblet to the bedside table and waved your wand, winking out all the lights. Then, true to your word, you slid under the blankets with Levi. You couldn't resist giving him one last peck on the forehead before snuggling down next to him and closing your eyes.