Chapter 6: I'm Here Raven

Raven:

The mental room.

I shrugged. "Um... so in summary we made the second one, her name is-"

"Sally. That much I never forgot." Jessica shook her head. "We were supposed to be visiting the memory of getting our swords," she said.

"Think that turned into a dream of our past somewhere along the line- you were dozing off."

"So... you're not kidding... I'm not the fighter."

"No, I really am the fighter I just-"

"I'm the cool one!" Jessica exclaimed. She looked at me with a half slack jaw. "I don't know how to do ANY of that."

I sighed a smile on my face nonetheless. "Been a while since you did. I think what happened with Patrick hit you pretty hard too."

"Patty? C'mon, what could possibly have happened? He loved us!"

I closed my eyes. "I... I think he did... at one point."

"Well..." Jessica sighed too. "Not even sure I still want to know now- that was all so good. Something tells me this story gets dark really fast." I closed an eye and opened it. "You just blocked it from me didn't you?"

I nodded. "Not sure you're ready... don't know you that well now."

She gave a small grunt. "Come about is fair play I guess."

I felt our body shaking. "Someone is waking us up- you want to know what Patrick did? I get control."

Jessica shook her head. "I have to be there. Memories can wait."

(***)

Kyle:

Getting out of the car, walking to the hospital... it was like, I didn't want to go. My legs didn't want to move, my chest contracting. My stomach sank with every step.

Allen... my father. I looked up. Jessica, J-Star, and Xao were around me, Jessica holding my hand. I looked back, Jaden, Nadine, and Judith were right there. My mind was going to dark places looking at them. I was now one hundred and eleven years old. There was no way any of those three would last even that long. What if this really was the end for Allen- odds were it really was.

Me and the other pharaohs reached the front doors of the facility first, my hand shaking like crazy as I pushed the door open.

I saw the receptionist desk and ran up to it. "Yes dear?" asked the lady sitting there. She was surrounded by paperwork. I wanted to ask what room Allen was in, get directions and go straight there- but I had to remember, I looked five years old, I couldn't be seen as THAT competent. Still, how I felt must have been written on my face. "Hey... I don't know who you're here for, but we're doing all we can alright?" I looked away, the tears already coming.

I felt as Jessica wrapped an arm around me. "Right here little bro," she said. "I'm right here."

It was Jaden, coming in behind us, who actually got to the point. "Jaden Reign, this is my mother Nadine Reign. Allen Reign's family, we were told to come and... I guess to say goodbye." I felt Jessica freeze.

"I... I just didn't know how to say it, Jessie..." I told her. Her hold on me just tightened as she didn't say a word.

"So- how many are going in?" the receptionist asked.

Jaden looked around. "Well... seven I gue-"

However, J-Star waved at him quickly. "Guys- I'm glad everyone is including me and I'm glad to be here for support- but I don't even know him. Allen and I have never met. How about you kids leave your toys with me huh?" I looked back down, remembering I had never actually taken off my swords. None of us pharaohs had. We all gave them to J-Star. Jay looked at the woman behind the desk and said "I'm just a sitter- here for moral support."