Hiking

*Hayes POV*
For our one year anniversary, I decided I would take Y/n hiking. To be honest, I had no clue about what I was going to do until the day before and mum said hiking would be a good idea. Of course, I didn't want to do much walking so I made a picnic and told nash to put it at the top of the hill by a big tree. It seemed romantic so I thought I would try it.

"Hayes! Y/n is here!" My mum shouted at me and I bolted down the stairs attempting to fix my hair as I was doing so. I opened the door and welcomed a very happy Y/n into the house. She was wearing a pair of black leggings and an over-sized jumper. She looked beautiful.

"Sorry my hair is a mess, I kind of fell asleep so I didn't have enough time to do my hair," she said, smiling and signalling to her hair.

"What? It looks really nice Y/n," I said. She giggled and she looked even prettier. Her hair was in a messy bun but she managed to pull it off. I was kind of jealous to be quite honest because I have to spend a lot of time on my hair and she can look perfect without even trying.

"Come on then cutie, let's go!" I said, grabbing her hand and running her outside.

"Hayes! Why are we in a rush?" Y/n asked, laughing.

"I didn't realise but we might get to the top by sunset!" I told her, excited because it would make the day much better.

"Aww that's cute but I'm going to get out of breath you mongrel! Soon!"

I stopped and looked at her confused. "Mongrel?" I asked, raising my eyebrows. She nodded and I considered the new nickname she had given me and smiled,"I like it."
"Good, I'm going to call you that from now on! Mongrel..."

When we finally reached the top Y/n gasped and looked at me. "Happy anniversary Y/n! Thank you so much for the whole year, it's been the best so far. I know it sounds really cheesy and this whole day is really cliche but I don't care- I am so grateful."

She smiled and turned around again to look at the scene that Nash had created. He had actually done a really good job and placed the picnic underneath the big tree. Around the blanket, he had spread candles around the edge that, surprisingly, had not gone out yet.I made a mental note to thank Nash later.

"I think I love you hayes." She said, looking down at her shoes, hiding her gorgeous face. I lifted her face up and smiled.

"Good, I think I love you too Y/n." Suddenly, the sun began to set and I laughed. I seized the moment and kissed her.

It was cliche but it was a good cliche.