Little girl - Young lady

*Hayes POV*

"Ummm dad?" I heard my fourteen year old daughter call from upstairs.

"Yes hon?" I called back, making my way up the first step.

"I...um...I need your help," she replied, causing me to worry and rush up to her bedroom.

"Where are you?" I asked, peering round mine and Zendara's bedroom this time. However, she didn't seem to be there either.

"The bathroom dad," I heard her sighing.

"Well what do you need help with?" I asked, oblivious to the obvious.

"Um......actually, when does mum get back from shopping?" She said from behind the locked toilet door.

"Well she only left 20 minutes ago so I'm guessing another hour....why do you want your mum hon? What happened?"

"Dad! I don't really want to say," she said, leaning against the door.

"Well you did asked for my help...."

"Fine.....I'll......I'll give you a clue."

"Go on then," I answered, amused.

"It's red."

And then it kicked in. My little girl wasn't little anymore. And I had to deal with the whole situation without Zendara.

"Oh.....shit......I'll call your mum."

I ran down the stairs to grab my phone, my daughter laughing at me the whole time as if I had no clue in the world of what to do. And she was right.

------------------------------------
"Um....Zendara we kind of have a situation...."

"What do you mean a situation? And who is we?"

"Our daughter and I have a situation."

"What kind Hayes?"

"A bloody one."

"Hayes fucking Grier! What the fuck did you do to our daughter?" Zendara screamed down the phone. I pulled my ear away and winced at the volume.

"Nothing, I did nothing.... Her organs on the other hand..."

"What the fuck do you mean organs?"

"*INSERT* stop fucking swearing! She can probably hear you through the phone!"

"Hayes. Just answer my question."

"She's bleedin-"

"What did you fucking do to our daughter?"

"-g through her vagina. Wow that's a gross word, I'm never saying that again."

"Oh! Really? I'm coming home straight away with ice cream and pads!"

"What are pads?"

"Guess I'll be teaching two people today..."

------------------------------

"I'm home!" I heard my wife call from downstairs, slamming the door shut and running up to meet me.

"What's in the bag?" I asked, pointing to the plastic carrier bag she was holding.

"Where's our daughter?" She fired back, causing me to quickly point towards the bathroom. She pushed past me and knocked twice. The door opened slowly, our terrified child's head poking out from the gap in between the door and the frame.

"Mum?" She asked, "Can you help me please?"

Zendara nodded, laughing to herself and slid into the gap, shutting the door quickly behind her.

------------------------------------------
*Zendara's POV*

"Hayes! Come meet us in the living room!" I called, sitting with my little young lady on the family sofa. She seemed to have calmed down a bit after I cleaned her up and gave her instructions on what to do.

"Okay, okay, I'm here," my husband said, marching into the room and sitting down hastily on the chair opposite.

"So......she's grown up now an-" I began.

"Oh is this going to be some awkward chat about lady parts because I do not want to hear it!" Hayes interrupted, crossing his arms over his chest and shaking his head.

"No, it's not about lady parts but it is about her growing up," I answered, raising my eyebrows and giving him the look that meant 'shut up'. In reply, he nodded and signalled for me to continue.

"Hayes this may last up to a week every month- meaning she will be very emotional since this is her first time. Do not make jokes. Do not tease her. Do not be annoying in any way."

"Geez, I thought I was an adult?" He questioned, confused at my seriousness.

"I know but you're not exactly a sensible dad so just lay off the jokes for a while ok?" He nodded so I continued.

"Leave her alone when she wants to be left alone. Wash her clothes even if you think they're gross and most importantly, treat her even more special than you would usually." Hayes nodded again and, sensing that I was finished, walked awkwardly out of the room.

"Thanks mom, for everything," our daughter said, squeezing my hand slightly.

-----------------------------------------
*Hayes POV*

"Hon? Can I come in?" I said, knocking on her bedroom door. I heard her reply with a small 'yes' so I opened the door slowly and made my way to the end of her bed.

"What's that?" She asked me, gesturing towards the tray I had prepared.

"I thought we could have a daddy and daughter night?" I asked. Her small face lit up and she nodded eagerly, sitting up in the bed and patting the space beside her. I slid in under the covers, wrapping my arm around her shoulders.

"Ok so I've got two tubs on Ben and Jerry's ice cream, two large mugs of hot chocolate and a whole stack of comedies. Sound good?" I said, smirking because I knew I was the best dad ever. And, just as I expected, she nodded once again and hugged me as a way to show her gratitude.

"There's no need for you to thank me hon. You and your mum are the best thing that's ever happened to me and one day you're going to have a family of your own and you're going to understand what I'm talking about. You're already growing up so much faster than I thought you would; I love spending every minute I have with you because in the future we might not have as many."

"I love you dad," she replied, tears in her eyes.

"And I love you hon," I said, bending slightly to kiss the top of her head. I sat like that for a while: just taking in my wonderful daughter and how lucky I really was.

AN: this was a personal imagine for RENE4EVER! I really hope you like it! She is probably one of the nicest people I've ever met on wattpad and you guys should check out her story 'Just a game' on her profile because she is working so hard on it!

I think this is the longest imagine I've ever wrote! And I thought I would try it from a different angle this time where he isn't a teenager- do you guys like it when I change it up a bit?

Question: can you play an instrument and if so, what one/s?

My answer: I can play an incredibly simple beat on drums and like one basic chord on piano and that's it- I'm not at all musically gifted x