Chapter 1

I had taken my twin 5 year old boys, Perry and Jerry, to the circus in the neutral zone. I left my 18 month old infant twin daughters, Merrie and Carrie at home with a brother, Isaac and his mate, Becca. My mate died after giving birth to the twins. She had an aneurysm form after delivery.  I did struggle at first adjusting to her death, but I had to be strong for my children.

My brother the Beta of the pack stepped up to be the Alpha to give time for us to adjust. Though lately he has been hinting he feels I am ready to step back into my Alpha role.

While there I see a female with a set of twin boys, whom I later learned are Gary and Larry. She sits the boys down a few rows in front of us. I can tell by their smell they are rouge. I notice she sniffs the air and stiffens up but doesn't turn around. I see a couple of the security guards whom are pack members. I link them to make sure they watch her since they are rouge. Even though mother rouges rarely cause problems.

One of her boys decide they have to go to the bathroom during the show she takes them. A few minutes later security links me their is a problem by the restroom and my help is needed. I ask an Delta who is behind me to please watch the boys and link my brother for backup since I don't know what the problem is.

I run to the bathroom hall and the area is blocked off by another pack member whom looks relieved to see me and let's me through.

We look at each other and make eye contact I tell him, my brother is on his way with backup. I then walk down the hall and see Alpha Anthony and three of his warriors trying to drag the woman out. She kicks him and ran behind my pack members who were security. She puts her children behind her. My warriors stand ready to protect her even if she is a rouge. They been trained you protect woman and pups at all cost. You only kill them if they are attacking you.

Alpha Anthony, of the small pack, Mountain Moon is growling, "how dare you defy me. I am the Alpha of the Mountain Moon Pack, and you will hand over my prisoner for trial."

She yells, "I cannot prove it, but I know you murdered my mate Alpha Matthew. You only want us back to either force mate me so you can legally kill my pups after you make me pregnant OR order all three of us dead by some made up charge. I will not let you kill by pups, who are rightful Alphas to Mountain Moon Pack." She then sniffs the air and glances behind Alpha Anthony. She makes eye contact with me and all the sudden I realize she is my second chance mate.

Alpha Anthony growls at her, "Our pack custom is if the alpha dies the next alpha will marry his widow. You will become my second mate. Then our first son will become the alpha."

She steps in front of the guards and says, "I reject  you and your offer. I will not have my sons sacrificed in place of another child. That is barbaric."

Alpha Anthony then slaps her across the face and knocks her into the guards.

I growl very loud and he turns around,