"didn't you just get your license this weekend?" todoroki asks and you glare at him.

"how would you like to just get my foot up your—"

"the cops weren't the nicest people in the world," midoriya interrupts before gesturing to you, "hence."

"i highly doubt anyone could be meaner than y/n." todoroki blinks.

"oh, they weren't. she made them cry." midoriya nods.

"they were weak." you add dryly, arms crossed.

"one of them was an ex marine." midoriya reminds.

"maybe he got kicked out of the marines for being a wimp, have you considered that?" you ask and midoriya puts a hand on the small of your back to lead you to a different seat.

"wait, so why'd you get a ticket, then?" iida asks with a frown.

"she was speeding." midoriya, throwing an arm over the back of your chair. "he was gonna let us off with a warning and then y/n sassed him."

"he was asking stupid questions." you snort and the class looks at midoriya expectantly. "i'm not responsible for the things i say when you're stupid."

"he said 'do you know how fast you were going' and she said 'i kind of feel like that's your job.'" he fills in and the room lets out a collective 'ah.'

"stupid question." you sing song.

"sass." midoriya corrects and when you narrow your gaze at him, he leans forward to press a sweet kiss to your forehead, "you're still pretty, baby."

"duh," you scoff before aizawa's clearing his throat with an annoyed look.

"as interesting as this entire situation is—if you'd all stop interrupting my class for five goddamn minutes it would be greatly appreciated." aizawa hisses and you sigh before crossing your legs. your teacher gives a curt nod, "great. wonderful. today we're going to be focusing on..."

"hey," midoriya calls and you squint up from your place on the picnic table.

he's holding two pieces of cake and even though you don't outwardly light up, he's known you long enough to recognize the happy gleam in your eye.

he takes a seat next to you and you snatch the shortcake out of his hands. "whatchya doin'?"

"working," you sigh after the first bite.

"you got a job?" he raises his brows and you smile before showing him your phone screen.

midoriya frowns, squinting to better see what appears to be an instagram comment section. what he reads only makes him send you an exasperated look, "baby, no. no."

you pout, "thought you'd be proud of me for getting a job. was gonna buy you something nice. but now? now i'm going to buy you nothing."

"charging people $20 to comment 'you gave me chlamydia' on their exes instagram is not a job." midoriya tsks.

"you jealous i'm successfully monopolizing the world's largest industry?" you ask.

"and that is?" midoriya sighs.

"revenge, deku." you roll your eyes, "you're always bursting my bubble! don't you think my days bad enough without you taking away my source of income?"

makes a noise and takes your phone out of your hand gently before pressing a couple buttons and probably deleting the advertisement you posted online. he puts it in his back pocket when he's done and crowds your space.

"someone still upset about what happened earlier?" he says in a voice that one would use with a little kid.

you lift a shoulder in annoyance.

"y/n?" he calls and you huff.

"fine. yes!" you cross your arms over your chest, "it's not fair."

"it kind of was fair. you did call him an abortion fail." midoriya blinks.

"deku, what did we say about blind loyalty?" you ask.

"right. forgot." he nods, "you were totally right and the cop was in fact an abortion fail. who the hell does he think he is pulling you over for going thirty over the speed limit ... in a school zone? at seven o' clock in the morning?"

"your sarcasm is not appreciated," you snap and midoriya chuckles before gathering you in his arms.

"i'm sorry, baby." he murmurs before pressing a kiss to your temple.

"are you though?" you mutter when he grabs your chin, leaning down to press his lips to yours.

it was maybe your second favorite part about dating midoriya—how physically affectionate he was. he was always touching you, or holding your hand, or pulling you into his side.

the first was that he accepted you for who you were, never tried to change you, didn't even bat an eye when most guys on campus ran screaming in the other direction.

you were widely known as the hot but terrifying girl on campus who made horror films in her spare time. a title you were entirely fine with and it appeared midoriya was too.

"would it make you feel better if i took you to your favorite place after class?" he asks.

"the funeral home on thirty fifth?" you gasp your excitement.

"your second favorite place then," he corrects and when you look at him blankly—expectantly—he elaborates, "matsuya restaurant chain."

you throw your arms around him with a squeal that was reserved for his ears only. you'd probably die if anyone at your school found out about how midoriya reduced you to a pathetic, teenage girl in his free time.

he smiles before leaning down to kiss you. "happy?"

you clear your throat with a blush, "maybe."

"yeah?" he asks and you nod.

"yeah."

____

RYLEE SPEAKS

believe it or not, a pothead!deku fic is in my works ... this is my revolution everyone.