Part 6: Storytelling and Comfort

These past 3 years of being in St. Freya were all set up by Otto Apocalypse. He and his spies lied to us and twisted and tortured us and used us and manipulated us for his own purposes. He waited and watched us for 3 years till he made his move and killed billions of people at the cost of reawakening Sirin and murdering our friends and family. I wanted to kill him with no regret for revenge for everyone he's murdered and manipulated.

"Patrick..." I turned to her to see that she stopped crying and looking at me face to face. "I've held this secret since SHE awakened inside of me... I actually knew all along that I had Sirin inside of me... Since I was 12 years old... I knew that she hid inside of me... After my old man left me, I had to survive by myself without him. I had to run away and pretend that SHE never existed... I dared not to stay at one place for too long or befriend anyone. I was afraid to lose them again. I didn't want Sirin to kill anyone I befriended... Then at my old school, Chiba Academy before coming to St. Freya Academy I met Mei-senpai and Bronya. I have a sad backstory."

"I know. I like you because of your backstory. I still remember when you told me that and when Mei and Bronya told me their backstories. With how Mei lost her father because he was framed by Cocolia and how Bronya lost Seele in the X-10 test. You and the rest of the squad had sad backstories all but me. I had a normal life with my family back home. But Drago and I also knew that Sirin was inside of you and her Herrscher core."

"Now that I know the truth about why my old man abandoned me... I don't know... I knew that SHE was inside of me and I had to leave the cabin so that I don't kill my old man and I kept on running so that I don't stay at one place for too long or make any friends. I kept running from one country after another. And then I ended up in Japan where I was in high school where I met Mei and then Bronya later on." "What about wanting to find your father? Was that a lie also?" "Kind of... I wanted to find him but at the same time I didn't want to because I was scared that he would get killed by Sirin."

"Back when I lived in my home country I had lots of friends. When I became an A rank, they selected me to go to St. Freya Academy so I can investigate Schicksal. They chose me because of my family having formed relationships with Schicksal and because of Drago." Kiana decided to listen to me. "When I was not fighting against the Honkai, I've been becoming an Otaku with a few of my friends and a gamer with my brother and with a lot of my friends. I was very social with my friends. But after my brother left for college, I became anti-social... But then you and the others helped me to become social with people again... There will be a time when we have to return to them... We can't keep running from Schicksal forever. We have to return to them at some point in time."

"I'm scared that Sirin will kill our friends like before at Schicksal HQ. I can't risk their lives for mine." "You keep forgetting that Drago will bring her down and reseal her over and over, again and again. We need to protect you from Schicksal. You keep forgetting what Drago can do. I told you we have to return to them at some point in time. Your life and the lives of all of humanity are at steak if Otto does the same thing again. It wasn't you that almost killed our friends, it was Sirin. You didn't know what you were doing." "It doesn't matter. I can't have them get killed by Sirin." "They only want to keep you safe from Schicksal and to protect you from The Overseer." "I can't go back."

"The time will come eventually. But forget it. You knew your father's history but you never knew your mother's history. Because Siegfried never told you about her or himself. He was protecting you from Schicksal and from Otto Apocalypse to prevent him from reawakening Sirin but only delayed the inevitable. He probably didn't want you to end up like Cecelia..." I paused before changing the subject.

"While I was growing up. My parents told me their fighting history with battling against the Honkai. My mother when she was very young, trained to fight against the Honkai to protect her family. She was never discovered by Schicksal. Nor was my father. He was never discovered by Schicksal or Anti-Entropy. He trained when he was very young just like my mother did. What inspired him more to fight against the Honkai was the film series "Star Wars." My parents first met in New Jersey in this store then in this restaurant like in "American Sniper" and fell in love. They were both in the same organization that hired Honkai fighters to save people from the Honkai. Then in 1995 they were under contract with Schicksal and met your parents..." I paused for a moment before continuing.

"My father used to tell me stories of how he fought with your father as partners. And my mother used to tell me stories of how she fought with your mother as partners too. My father and your father had this Honkai powered gadget car with weapons and flight. They were kind of like All-Might and David Shield from "My Hero Academia: Two Heroes" in their old days. They also had a ship too. My father is a huge fan of Star Wars. I know that people in the past have had their favorite fictional vehicles, mechas, and ships built. My father used to fly a full scale model of the Millenium Falcon. And I know that your father piloted a full scale mecha with Welt Yang from his favorite mecha Anime "Arihato." My father told me how he and Siegfried fought together, drank together, traveled together, trained together, and laughed together."

"What about our mothers?" Asked Kiana. "My mother fought together with your mother. This one time she told me how she talked with Cecelia about how she was a huge fan of "The Muppets." She even taught your mother some Spanish. Our families were good friends for a long time till the 2nd Honkai Wars changed everything." I finished explained.

"Why didn't you do it?" Kiana suddenly got my attention. "Himeko-sensai said to us that If a friend loses themself to the Honkai... ...We must end their life right there... But why... Why did you... Why didn't you or Himeko do it?" Kiana finally asked the question. "Because changing back is the right thing to do instead of killing. Herrschers are the only Honkai we can change back. You forgot that Himeko and I had this serum created from your mother's blood and from Dr. Magi's sample. That was the only way to save you and me." I answered.

I put my right arm around Kiana. "I've been keeping you safe from Schicksal for 3 months now. But they've been getting better at tracking us. I get that you think that it was your fault that Himeko is gone. But it's not your fault. Himeko would want you to return to them to be safe from Schicksal and then have our revenge on Otto Apocalypse. She told you that we can still change the world into the way we want it to be. Is it too much to ask that you continue to stay by my side, to prevent Otto Apocalypse from doing the same thing to our friends and family. And when you have accepted what's happened and feel brave again, return to the Hyperion, and return back to our friends and family. Then when the time comes, have our revenge on Otto Apocalypse and then we kill him to avenge Himeko, your mother Cecelia, your father Siegfried, and everyone he's murdered."

Kiana teared up then she moved closer to me and wrapped her arms around me. I wrapped my arms around her in return. "There. There. Sirin can't kill me or Drago that easily. You needed my trust and I needed yours." I said. "............" Kiana couldn't think of what to say. Then we separated. We stood up and continued down.