❦ CH 18 ❦

DEMON 18 | Epilogue

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇ euphoric smile ⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

THE beating of your heart weave with the wind as it brush your hair and the look of melancholic crosses your face - everyone observe the flick of emotions in your eyes.

They can tell you were hesitate to spill out the truth.

"I'm sorry..." Shutting your eyes close as you talk, "...that I was the person you didn't expect to be. I run the blood of a succubus - another tree of a demon and the mere fact that Muzan was my brother doesn't loosen the matter. I made you all shed tears and even made you all believe that everything was normal when it wasn't."

A tear slipped.

It seemed crying would be your next habit even though you hate tearing up.

"I failed as your friend or if...you ever thought of me as one."

Tanjiro dropped his shoulder. From the start, he sensed how different you smelled but didn't pursue on laying a harmed finger, you were special. So much that his mind were always filled with your melting-smile.

Just as he could speak, he abruptly gaze at the pillars. Their aroma...

"Are you stupid?" Sanemi spat, crossing his arm, "How stupid could you be to not even realize?"

"I-" You tried reasoning out but someone butted in.

"You expect us to just stand here and listen to you ramble all day?" Obani sharpen his gaze.

Mitsuri took one step forward, her eyes glinting in doleful. I knew it. Everyone wouldn't accept it, it was too sudden after all. If I had just walk away...

"We knew, YN-chan."

Your pupils dilated before gawking at them, swallowing your words.

A smile. No. Smiles.

Each and every one of the fighters standing before you lift their lips, stunning you. Why were they all smiling?

"You think out too loud." Genya rub his nape and let his grin warmed your heart, "Besides how could a simple, short, crazy woman defeat the strongest man-eater? Unless she has some connection."

"I'm not a fling if that's what you're trying to say, Genyuck!" You defended, smiling as you do so.

The elder Shinazugawa copied his brothers expression, "And what could be the possible answer to your 'rise from the dead' theory? One right answer, you're a demon. Just unbelievable that you could walk under the sun - and have...amazing body...figure." A blush paint his cheeks in between words.

"You are...just...how do I... gorgeous both in and out." Muichiro points out. He doesn't mean..

"We get it, Tokito! You were almost six deep inside her!" Sanemi growled, being hold back by his brother and Obanai, "You lucky fuck!"

"Six deep?" Tanjiro plastered his shocked yet disturbing face. He doesn't mean like literally right?

"You don't even make fucking sense, you little fucker!" The swears from the Wind Pillar continue, seeming as his wounds had recovered.

Shinobu, the Insect Pillar, came up from behind and gleam, "To be honest with you, Oyakata-sama told us." Your brows rose up in startled, "He did?"

"Yes, he told us when you were out patrolling. He had called in for a meeting without you and told us, by the end of the war you'd tell us. At first nobody believed that you were indeed, what you said you are but when the Master gave us explanation - we did sink in the information. Only that many were in distressful state especially..." Her eyes scan the crowd and finally land on someone, "Those three. Iguro-san, Shinazugawa-san and Tokito-san. They oddly paced the room, figuring out the possibilities."