❦ CH 11 ❦ ♡

DEMON 11 | ...

[ insert sad songs ]

Warm tears showers your cheeks as you gawk at the burning village before you, the chilling shrills of the people residing in the once beautiful cottage were now torn into bits on the pooled of blood.

Others were saving their lives but only received the same fate, deliciously devoured by man-eaters. However one had managed to remain conscious among the pile of dead she was in, you ran up to her in hopes of longing life.

"T..The cr...re...tur.." she sobbed, gripping your now stained kimono.

You open your quivering lips to speak but was stopped when a canine dug deep into her shoulder, sending an agonizing scream.

The sound of her muscles being shredded deafen your ears, you haven't miss the tear on her face as she wriggle in misery. You had to turn away and cup your ears.

A slurp from the demon had indicated that it was done, hence the shadow looming over your body. You notice the line leading behind you and your eyes widen in realization,

It was blue.

Tilting your head backward, confusion stared at your tearful face.

"Ma?"

The man-eater you saw earlier lay limb beneath your mother as she wrapped your small body into her arms, "My baby...are you alright?" She peppered loving kisses on your head and you note the crimson red dripping down her chin.

"Ma..."

The eyes you once loved staring at were nothing but demonic orbs staring back, the smile you always enjoyed was now replaced with canines and fresh red liquid.

"Ma...are you..."

Even with the new form, she held a genuine smile. A hand cup your cheeks, her thumb running against it. What left her lips next had you running out of the place,

Deep within the forest you saw the familiar house that you reside with your mother, a loud bitterful bellow of the people still living in escape your lips.

Not a minuter later, three people rush out of the comforting home. Their eyes landing on your hunched form and when you raised your head, their faces drained in horror.

"...get everyone out of the house especially your brother. Your father is still alive..."

CERULEAN eyes towers your drowsy body, blocking the view to the void blue sky. A smile crept its way to your lips at the culprit, "What are you doing out here, Mui?"

The said man blinked and settle next to you, "I was looking for you."

Your brows quirk at his words, "And why is that?"

"Oyakata-sama asked me to."

"I don't suppose he told you why?"

The delicate boy only shook his head, "Why are you laying out here?" His eyes scan the place that you lay on, a meadow of grass swayed by the breeze of summer. The sun gave its best on outshining your glistening hair locks.