❦ CH 13 ❦

DEMON 13 | SUSPECT

YOUR eyes trained to the stain marking the trunks as you make steps, searching for more evident to where it'll lead you to. Something doesn't match up in here.

Thankfully, the area you were scavenging was further away from neighbouring villages or the HQ. But that clearly wasn't worrying you, the missing boar was.

And I can't help but enjoy calling him a boar.

His gorgeous face didn't even matched up his godly body and man was he stunning when he smiles. The night you had a fight with the upper moon three showed how much he cared for you personally.

His touch were like feathers as he cradled you in his arms and even cried few when your pulse stopped moving.

Those images abruptly falter away when a sickening sound broke into the air and when you dash to find the source, your eyes widened in pure disgust.

Hanged messily over the branches were more than ten bloodied corpses. They didn't even look like corpses. Half of them were brutally eaten! Another one of those gurgling sound interrupted your anger and when you dart eyes, you wish you hadn't.

A boar hide was clutched tightly on someone's hand or inhumanly hand. There's no doubt that he was encountering a demon by the blood trickling down his head.

"Inosuke." You breathe out.

Sniffling the air, the demon tilt his head to stare at your form. His eyes blinking as he savour your body, calculating the size and amount the he was going to devour.

"A female." It hummed, "Never encountered one in a decade."

"It must've been sad eating testicles every time." You halfway joked, hoping maybe it would seize the tension.

The demon only blinked and let another hummed, "It is but I don't mind. I've gotten used to it. Men reaching their forties taste awful like an infant's barf."

Did he just...You vigorously shook your head, not an answer you were expecting.

"Tell me, lady. Do you know this human?" He tighten his grip and the poor boy trembled in agony, adding ooze to his pool of body. At this point, he'll lost conscious.

"Yes. I figure you wouldn't let him go until you defeated me or it's another way around?"

Another hum, he didn't seem bothered at all. Just when you thought you could let your guard down, he unmercifully sling the shaken boy to the tree.

"Inosuke!"

"Is that his name?" He shook his head, "What a shame. He'll probably lost his life before you could even get to him."

"Same old demon line." You grumbled, brushing your thumb over your hilt. Maybe you'll lower your true identity for now and let Rengoku's blood overflow you.

"It is." He softly spoke before appearing in your very eyes. You had already unsheathed your katana and parry his attack.

"You have a nice sword..." The demon took his moment to examine the color it was giving, feeling a little jealous. "I haven't encounter anything with such gradient sword. Tell me, what is your name?"