eighteen.

Y/n's POV

I felt him wrap his arms around me and rest his chin on my shoulder softly, as if afraid he would hurt me further. "...so, you're no longer mad at me?" I asked him as I felt him tense slightly. "NO ha-haha, I wasn't mad at you, not at all." He's stuttering, liar. "Then why were you avoiding me as if I were a ghost? You didn't even speak to me before this whole club incident." Letting my feelings get the better of me, I questioned him in hope of an answer.

"Look, Y/n," He started out, releasing the hug and his hands holding mine. "I wasn't angry, really. I was just...just feeling disappointed. Disappointed at how you left us, how you didn't contact us after leaving and suddenly appearing in front of us again after two years...do you know how much we've missed you? How much I've missed you?" He confessed, bringing me into his arms again as I remained silent. Not yet Wooyoung, but soon.

We stayed in this position for a while, I could feel myself melting into him. "Now can you get me some water?" My voice was rough as I was dehydrated, and he immediately ran out while announcing that I woke up. I shook my head at his loudness once again and prepping myself as I heard stomping coming from outside, I always hear them before I even see them.

"Y/n noonaaaa!" Jongho rushed in first, almost tripping over his own feet, sitting down next to me and held my hands in his larger ones. The others were not far behind as a chorus of "Y/n!!"s could be heard, soon I was flocked by all of them, even Ae Ri. They started bombarding me with questions and the dramatic Mingi started crying, making all of us laugh.

"Make way, you idiots!" Wooyoung shouted, obviously unhappy that he couldn't get to me because of everyone crowding around me. They cleared a path for him as he gave me the glass of water, sitting himself down next to me again. They hung around for quite a while, their loudasses filling my room with chaos. "We should let Y/n get some rest, let's head out. Wooyoung oppa, you stay here and take care of her for us." Ae Ri winked at me as she and Hongjoong shooed the noisy boys out.

"Well, it's the two of us again, huh?" Wooyoung said as he grabbed the empty cup from me and placing it on the small table next to my bed. "I owe you one. Thanks for saving me back there." I played with my fingers, avoiding eye contact with him. He reached out and held my hands gently, pulling them to his lap. "I didn't do anything other than panicking and carrying you out, but I will still accept it because you broke your promise. You promised me you will be safe." He pouted jokingly while trying to make me look at him, tilting his head to meet my down casted eyes.

"I mean it, Wooyoungie." He broke into a huge grin as he heard his old nickname I used to address him by. "I missed this so much, Y/n, I couldn't forget you the past two years. Could you tell me why you left us so suddenly and even cutting off contact with us?" His sparkling eyes turned sad within a few seconds. I knew he was going to talk about this again, "I'm sorry. I will tell you guys once I'm better, I promise." He smiled as he caressed my cheek. "Okay."

7:12pm

I woke up from my nap from someone shaking me lightly. "Y/n noona, wake up. Time for dinner." It was Jongho, carrying a plate of food. He helped me up and offered to feed me, making me look at him weirdly. "What? Eden hyung said your wound could open if you moved too much. Ah, noona, just let me feed you." I continued staring at him weirdly but let him do it anyway, knowing how stubborn he can be. "Why are you still staring at me like that?"

"Because, you're a baby trying to baby me." He pouted at me, whining about how he's grown up and not a baby. "Face it, Jongho. You will always be a baby to me, my baby brother." I told him sincerely, oblivious to his true feelings.

Jongho's POV

Baby brother. I knew it, that's all I am to her. My heart swelled and broke at the same time; knowing that she loves me wholeheartedly but only as a brother. I gave her the biggest smile I could to hide the fact that my heart was broken, continuing to feed her. As long as you are happy, noona. That's what matters more to me. I've already seen this coming to be honest, knowing that her heart as well as Wooyoung hyung's has never changed.

Wooyoung hyung, you better take good care of her.

Jongho is a baby, please protect

~thedouble_a (12/4/20)