How It Should Be

JAYY'S POV

As I cooked Dahvie's pancakes, a sudden rush of dread ran all throughout my body. I've only felt this once before, just a few days after Dahvie first left with the wolves.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~FLASHBACK~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was laying on the floor sobbing like I had just lost my entire reason to live, when I had the uncontrollable urge to run. I tried to fight it and just lay there when I heard Dahvie's voice in my head. "Wh-why are you attacking me?! What did I do?!" When I heard that I immediately forgot my sadness and jumped out of the window. As soon as my feet touched the ground I took off for the forest, somehow knowing where the situation was.

I came to the small clearing where we have our nightly meetings to find my clan with Dahvie in his human form. Instantly I felt the strong feeling of dread. "Guys what the hell are you doing?!" I yelled loudly. They all looked at me like I was crazy and Alec said "Jayy, as much as you care for Dahvie you have to understand."

Angrily I stepped closer and realized that Dahvie was bleeding, pretty badly at that. "What should I understand?" I asked. The clan looked at each other and all backed away from Dahvie, everyone but Alec. Alec sighed and grabbed Dahvie tightly around his neck.

"Jayy he's already been brainwashed, we have to kill him before he's trained." I stepped closer and Dahvie whimpered, probably fearing me. "I don't care, let him go!" Alec didn't even budge, instead he bit Dahvie roughly in his neck making him scream bloody murder. I hissed loudly and jumped Alec; easily killing him. Dahvie had run away right before I attacked, and I didn't see him for almost three years after that.

~~~~~~~~~~END OF FLASHBACK~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was pulled away from my memory and terrible feeling by small arms encircling my waist. I couldn't help but chuckle as I set the chocolate chip pancakes on a plate, and turned to my little boo. "And just what do you think you're doing?" I asked him playfully. Dahvie looked up at me sweetly and said "oh nothing, just looking at the most beautiful creature that my eyes will ever have the pleasure of seeing." I blushed and looked down at him. He is just too sweet.

"So Dahvie" I said nonchalantly "I'm assuming that you've never taken the time to look in the mirror. You're definitely the most beautiful creature that anyone could ever see." Now it was his turn to blush as he stood on the tips of his toes to place a small kiss on my lips. "Jayy?" Dahvie whispered as he cupped my cheek with the palm of his hand; me easily melting into his touch. I nodded lightly urging him to continue with what he was saying. "Your eyes are red."

I felt my eyebrows furrow in confusion. "And?" I asked, feeling very confused. "Well." Dahvie said simply "either I pissed you off without knowing, or you're hungry." I sighed quietly. I wasn't hungry, I was starving! I nodded lightly and smirked "I'll eat tonight at the meeting." That little statement caused Dahvie to look down with tears in his eyes. I gasped and whispered urgently "baby, what's wrong?" He sighed and whimpered

"I guess I can understand why you wont feed from me. I bet my blood tastes bad because I'm a stupid werewolf." I felt my heart wrench in my chest. Does he really feel that way? "No Dahvie, that's not it at all." He sniffled and looked back up at me. "Then what is the reason?" I sighed and stroked his cheek with my thumb, bringing a tiny smile to his face. 'I don't like feeding at all, least of all from my mate." As soon as the last part slipped out my cheeks turned red in embarrassment. What would he think of that? Would he get mad that I called him that?

I slowly looked down at Dahvie to see the biggest smile ever of his faced, accompanied by glistening eyes. "I-I'm sor-sorry Dahvie." I stammered "I wa-wasn't thinking." To my surprise Dahvie just shook his head and jumped up, wrapping his legs around my midsection and holding himself up. Eagerly, he placed his lips to mine and ran his fingers loosely through my hair. During this kiss I felt something that I've only heard about. It's what we vampires call the Sentimento d'smote, meaning feeling of love.

It's a feeling that a vampire gets when he or she kiss their true mate; meaning for some reason Dahvie just became my forever. "Did you feel that?" Dahvie asked when he pulled away. I smiled and nodded "but how did that just… happen?" Dahvie grinned and unwrapped his legs from my waist, walking to the counter and grabbing his pancakes and a fork. I sat down on the couch and Dahvie sat next to me. "For a werewolf to become truely mated, his mate has to declare it. And you did. Jayy now you are my forever." I smiled and kisses his cheek.

"I love you sweetheart." Dahvie blushed and looked directly into my eyes. "I love you too Jayy." I sighed quietly and whispered "you know you're coming with me to the meeting tonight, right?" He nodded as he took his last bite of food. "Yeah I know, do you think they will be mad?" I shook my head "and even if they are: they aren't allowed to do anything about it since we're mates."

He giggled and nodded. "But you still need to feed." I groaned out although he was right. "Come here." I whispered. Dahvie set his plate on the coffee table and crawled into my lap. I gently licked his neck before sinking my teeth in, instantly tasting the sweet liquid. His blood is the most delicious there is! When I pulled away and licked my lips Dahvie smiled. "Now, was that so bad?" I stuck my tounge out at him, causing him to bite it gently. I made a very unmanly squeak and blushed. Dahvie just giggled and kissed my cheek. You know, I think this is just how it should be.