37 » a coffee shop, huh?

another chapter :)
-

It had been a few days since you and Haise confirmed what your relationship was, and of course, it didn't take long for the word to spread around. Everyone was happy for you and some knew it was going to happen anyway since it was apparently obvious that the two of you had a special connection and loved eachother.

You had also been discharged from hospital and had spent officially one day at home: just you and your twins.

And, just as you suspected, you got no sleep whatsoever because well, your twins were whining and sobbing non-stop all night.

So, by the time it was morning, you were absolutely exhausted. Your eyes were droopy and you yawned about every minute.

At the moment, you had successfully managed to put both twins to sleep in their cot in your room and make a start on unpacking all of their things. You still had a few boxes that were full of baby stuff for them that you were eager to put away.

However, you were stopped from your work by your phone ringing in your coffee table.

Humming a random tune, you wandered over to the table and picked up your phone, quickly accepting the call before placing your phone up to your ear.

"Hello?" You asked.

"Hi, Y/n- Chan~" A happy voice at the other end of the phone spoke, making your heart flutter immediately.

"Hi, Haise. Why did you call?" You asked with a smile even though he couldn't see it. It just goes to show how much he makes you happy and fall in love with him all over again.

"Are you busy? He asked you.

"Uhm... I was, but it can wait." You answered, glancing at the boxes filled with toys, furniture, etc...

"Oh! I'm sorry, I didn't know."

"It's fine, really. It's not that important." You assured.

"Hm... Only if you're sure." Haise hummed.

"Trust me, I am sure." Said you.

"I wanted to take you out somewhere. There's this really nice coffee shop that I came across with the Quinx squad, and I thought it would be nice if I took you there. The place is also run by ghouls, which is a bonus! Haise exclaimed happily.

You froze.

A coffee shop run by ghouls...? You thought. You knew straight away what this coffee shop was and who run it.

"Y/n?" Haise called out because you had just fallen silent.

Snapping out of your trance, you blinked a few times before speaking, "Oh, sorry..."

"It's fine. Are you okay?"

"Yeah..." You whispered, a lump forming in your throat as you tried your best not to sob and allow your tears to escape from your eyes. If it was the right coffee shop (which it probably was), you wouldn't know what to do or what to say. After all, you hadn't seen any of them since Hide's unfortunate death.

"You don't sound like it." Commented Haise, and you could almost hear him frowning.

"I-i really am." You lied.

"Okay... Uh, do you want to come with me then?" Haise questioned.

Thinking for a moment or two, you breathed in and answered, "Sure, why not?"