14(TBP) - Max Verstappen (P2)

Magsimula sa umpisa

Sophie nodded, "Okay. Text us if you need anything then." 

Returning into her bedroom, CJ changed from her outfit into something a little more comfortable. She put on a short-sleeved black top she'd stolen from Max a while back, it was long on her, falling just below her bum enough to keep her underwear covered and that was enough for her. 

She laid on her bed as she turned the telly on, flicking through the channels as she heard the Verstappen family leave. Once she was happy she was alone, she left her private suite and headed into the kitchen area to get herself a drink from the minibar. She knelt down, reaching into the fridge, pulling out a large bottle of water. 

"What are you doing?!" Max asked as he walked around the corner and saw CJ in the fridge, her legs on show as she jumped up and turned to look at him. 

CJ looked at him with wide eyes as she laughed. "What are you doing?" She asked him the same question back as she held the water close to her. "I thought everyone else had gone out to eat."

He shrugged his shoulders, "I told them I wasn't hungry." 

"I'm going to watch a film," she pulled down the top she was wearing as she consciously became aware it was riding up a little. "You wanna come?"

He took a couple of steps towards her, his hands resting on her shoulders as he leaned close to her. "I thought you weren't ready for that?" He teased her before he kissed her on the nose. 

Slapping his chest, she giggled as she shook her head. "You know what I meant, about the film." 

Max kissed her on the lips, glad to be free to be himself with her whilst everyone else was out. The slight peck was nothing, but for the two young teenagers, it was everything and more. He put an arm around the blonde before they retreated to her bedroom. 

They laid together on the bed, CJ putting her legs under the blanket as she laid her head on Max's chest. His left arm curled around her, holding her against him as she listened to his heartbeat. 

"Why don't you use your actual name?"

CJ laughed, "We haven't come all this way to talk about my name, Max. This is all about you," she looked up at him as she moved so she was level with him in the bed. 

He turned on his side as he pushed her hair out of her eyes, "Well, at this moment in time, it's just me and you." He stared into her baby blue eyes as he smiled, this girl had been by his side for so long. 

When they first met, they were only friends because their parents were, as time passed by he realised that they had so much more in common than he first thought. When he went karting for the first time, CJ came along, she even got in her own kart. Max remembered how his dad was so serious about it all, CJ's dad was chill with his daughter, praising her for finishing the race, his own dad scolded him for not coming first. After that, CJ came along every time, from the age of five till she gradually lost interest at the age of 14. At that age, she found other things to occupy her time, makeup, parties, boys and Victoria. Max didn't mind though, it just meant he had to share her because at that point they started this secret relationship. Max knew his dad wouldn't understand or approve, CJ knew Victoria would judge and not trust her as much. They both had their reasons for keeping it a secret at this point but it didn't stop the way they felt about each other. 

"One day," she relaxed against him as she smiled. "You're going to be so famous, Max. Everyone is going to know your name in the F1 world and not because of your dad."

Max kissed her forehead, "You know I don't want any of it if you're not with me." He stared at her, "You are the one thing that gets me through the races, you know? I love finishing the race, no matter what happens, I don't care if I win as long as I get to see you afterwards."

CJ snuggled into his chest, his arms holding her tightly. "I love you," she told him as she closed her eyes. 

His heart was beating a little quicker as she spoke the words. "You too, C."

She was content with his words, she knew how he felt about her even if he couldn't say properly. His fingers stroked and played with her hair as CJ fell into a light sleep in his arms. Max stared down at the blonde beauty that was breathing lightly as she clung to him, he didn't know how he'd gotten so lucky, he just knew he didn't want to let her go.

XOXOX

Over the course of the weekend, Max found himself having to go to work, spending more time in his car away from CJ. Victoria and CJ kept themselves occupied by doing holiday things during the practice races. It wasn't that CJ didn't want to be there to support Max, Victoria just wanted to do something else that didn't include constantly watching her brother in a car. 

The two girls spent Friday hanging out by the hotel in the pool. Jos and Sophie accompanied Max to the circuit. 

Saturday, Victoria and CJ hung around at the hotel getting treatments in the spa until the afternoon when they headed to the track and watched a little of the qualifying. CJ was so invested in it that she barely listened to Victoria rabbiting on about one of the other drivers. It wasn't that she didn't care about what Vic was saying, she just cared more about Max. 

That evening, Jos took Max out alone, not even Sophie knew where they had gone but she assumed it was to talk after Max's mediocre qualifying session. CJ and Victoria stayed up until 9 before retreating back to their own rooms. Victoria went for a shower then headed to bed, CJ waited in silence as she listened to hear Max and his father return home. She fell asleep before they did. 

Sunday morning came too quickly. Victoria and CJ woke to find Max and Jos were still not there, Sophie telling them that Jos wanted Max to concentrate so they stayed away for the night. Victoria understood and agreed with her mother that it was the best thing for him if he wanted to try and win this race. CJ didn't voice her opinions, she just nodded as she listened to them. She was sad that she'd not gotten to see him properly, she wanted to wish him luck without his father being there. It was too late now, she knew Jos would be everywhere with Max until he started his race. 

When the three females got to the circuit, it was already busy. They walked through crowds of people before getting to the garages. CJ spotted Max with his father who seemed to be giving him a pep talk. As they approached, the two Verstappen men looked over at the three of them, Jos smiling as he said something quietly to Max. 

"Are you ready for today?" Sophie asked her son as she stood in front of him. 

Max nodded, "As much as I can be." He glanced at his father before he looked back at his mother. "I have to go and get ready," he motioned to his outfit. He was still in his jeans and tee-shirt, "I'll come to find you all after the race."

Sophie leaned forward and kissed her son on the cheek, "Good luck out there. Be safe."

CJ stared at Max, their eyes meeting for a moment. Neither of them spoke but they both felt a mutual connection for a second as CJ's lips turned to a slight smile. He turned away and headed to the backroom before Jos broke the silence by clearing his throat. 

"Take the girls to the stand," Jos told his wife as he raised his eyebrows. His suspensions were high about the blonde teenager and his son. At this moment in time, he knew Max could not afford any distractions in his life.