Chapter 40

"Do you still love me?"

Knowing that she had confessed her true feelings on Seungyoun did not make it easy for her to say it again. Especially when she's pretending to lost her memories which can also meant that she lost her feelings on everybody as well since she was supposed to have no idea about their identity and connection with each other.

Youngdae who was still staying in his embrace remain silent. Maybe it's fine to also pretend to be sleeping. It's not a huge deal. She's avoiding the question to save her plan. ㅡ Oh, she didn't have any plan.

She chose to play it all out this way because she was tired of everything that had happened to her since meeting Seungyoun. She struggled several times to stand up for herself, but the weight on her shoulders was far too great. Maybe, just maybe, a fresh start. She meant "very new" when she said "new."

Seungyoun let out an audible sigh as he realised his wife was already asleep. He was curious to know if her feelings remained. It did, but it was complicated. Everything was confusing, and Youngdae's daring behaviour made it even more difficult.

"I'm glad you respond well towards my affection."

Youngdae almost looked up at him but she will get busted so she shut her eyes tightly, hoping to fall asleep.

Suddenly, there's someone knocking their door from outside. Seungyoun slowly pulled himself away, dragging his feet to the front door.

Seungyoun unlocked the door, taking a slight peek to see who was knocking. Outside, there was a woman standing awkwardly with a phone on her hands.

"Yes, may I help you?" Seungyoun opened the door, feeling that she was not a threat.

"Ah, good evening! Sorry for bothering but I'm one of the staff working here. Just wanna inform you that the resort will be having a party tomorrow." She smiled flirtatiously.

"Oh. Okay. Thank you." Seungyoun wanted to close the door again but it might not look so nice.

"Are you alone here?" The woman asked, flipping her hair off her shoulder.

"Actually no, I'mㅡ"

"Yes, what's going on here?" Youngdae suddenly appeared from his back. Seungyoun had sudden chills when she held his hand, leaning a bit closer to him. Probably as an indication that the man is hers.

"Oh. You're with a girlfriend." She said.

"Upgrade that. I'm his wife." Youngdae faked a laugh.

"Cute! Alright then, see you both tomorrow!" The woman hurriedly left them, heading towards the next door.

Seungyoun smiled as he closed the door. Youngdae then pulled back her hand and went back straight to the bed, plopping down. "I'm very hungry."

"I brought some cups of ramen from home." Seungyoun said, walking to their luggages.

"You know we aren't supposed to bring them right?" Youngdae said but she, as well, was walking to where Seungyoun was crouching at as he tried to find the ramen cups.

Seungyoun then boiled some water while Youngdae sit on the sofa, getting really impatient. The noodle cups in front of her were looking super sexy.

After a while, Seungyoun poured down the hot steaming water into the cups as Youngdae took hers and covered back with the lid, waiting for the noodle to be cooked.

While waiting, the couple sit next down to each other, no idea what exactly to say or to do. Youngdae was still a bit sleepy but her growling stomach did not do anything better. She can't sleep with an empty stomach.