In My Time of Dying (5)

Mulai dari awal

"No." John shook his head.

"You know, why don't I believe you right now?" Sam pushed.

John looked at his feet before back at his son with pleading eyes. "Can we not fight?" He asked gently. "You know half the time we're fighting, I don't know what we're fighting about. We're just butting heads." John struggled with his emotions. "Sammy I, I've made some mistakes. But I've always done the best I could. I just don't want to fight anymore, okay?"

I looked over John, he was fighting back tears.

"John, are you alright?" I turned my chair.

"Yeah. Yeah. I'm just a little tired." He waved me off. "Hey son," He turned to Sam. "Would you, uh, would you mind getting me a cup of caffeine?"

"Yeah. Yeah sure." Sam frowned at me before leaving the room.

John glanced at me. "Ky, would you mind giving Dean and I a minute?"

I glanced at Dean who nodded at me. I leaned over and kissed his cheek as I passed John at the doorway.

"Don't go too far, okay?"

"I'll be in my room." I nodded to John before wheeling out.

Something was wrong, really wrong.

My hands shook as I made my way into my room, heading straight to look out the window trying to clear my head and get a sense of what was going on.

John was in trouble, real trouble, and I had to save him.

It took a few minutes for John to come in my room, letting out a breath I turned to him.

"What did you do?" I asked him with tears in my eyes.

John smiled sadly at me and shook his head. "Don't worry about that now. I don't have much time."

"John, I can help you-"

"No, no, no." He shook his head softly before walking up to my chair and coming down to eye level with me. "When I found you Kylie, I didn't know what to do with you." He admitted making me shake my head.

"Please don't do this." I tried.

"Just listen," He nodded, "I didn't know what to do with you. I had two kids I had to take care of, I was full of rage, and you were just this small little girl who barely spoke a word. I thought you would be good for us, would give the boys something they needed, but you were more than that." He smiled sadly. "You took care of me. You would make sure I was okay after every hunt, clean up my wounds, make sure I ate." He shook his head. "Most importantly you took care of my boys. You made sure that they were healthy and loved." He bit his lip. "I can't thank you enough for that."

"You know I would do it all again if I had to." I spoke softly.

"I know." John patted my hand, squeezing it gently. "I'm happy your with Dean."

My eyes widened. "W-what?"

"I'm happy you're with Dean." He repeated. "My boys are going to need you now, okay? I need you to keep taking care of them."

"I always will." I shifted in my chair. "John, you're really scaring me here."

John closed his eyes tight and shook his head before looking up at me. "Don't be scared." He cupped my cheek gently. "I'm proud of you Kylie. I'm proud to have you as my daughter."

I felt my chest tighten as John stood up straight. He patted my shoulder softly before heading to the door.

"John." I called softly but he continued to walk out of the room and disappearing into the hallway.

I sat there numbly staring into the hallway watching as nurses and doctors pass by.

It wasn't until I heard Sam's yell and cries in the hallway that I knew what John had done.

I quickly wheeled my way down the hall to find Sam and Dean hovering in the door way while a nurse attempted to push them out.

"No, no, no, it's our dad. It's our dad!" Dean shook his head. "Come on." He pleaded.

I couldn't see past the crowd of people from my chair, but it didn't stop me from nervously biting my nails.

"Still now pulse." I heard a nurse call out.

"Okay, that's it everybody." I heard from a deeper voice.

I closed my eyes gently, feeling the hairs on my arm stand up as I waited to hear the words that were going to shake my boys to the core.

"I'll call it. Time of death, 10:41 AM."