In My Time of Dying (5)

Kylie's POV

"Dean are you here?" Sam called, and looked around the room. "I couldn't find anything in the book. I don't know how to help you, but I'll keep trying all right? As long as you keep fighting." Sam took in a breath. "I mean, come on you can't, you can't leave us with Dad. We'll kill each other, you know that." Sam paused and shoved his hands in his pockets. "Dean, you gotta hold on. You can't go, man, no now. We were just starting to be brothers again." He shook his head. "Can you hear me?"

I couldn't feel Dean here, no matter how much I tried, but I wasn't going to bursts Sam's bubble and make him feel as sad as I was.

"He'll wake up Sam." I nodded. "I don't care if I have to tap into some weird psychic crap, but we'll get him up."

"What if we can't?" Sam asked suddenly.

I glanced up at Sam and shook my head. "Don't." I warned. "Don't think like that." I let out and smiled softly. "I need you to be the strong one here." I let out shakily. "Because I can't right now."

Sam looked down at his shoes. "I'm sorry, I know this is hard on you."

"This is hard on all of us." I corrected.

Sam moved to sit on the bed next to Dean. "Yeah." He nodded and looked at his brother.

Dean began to move slightly, making me frown, before suddenly his eye flew open as he began choking on the tube that was down his throat.

"Dean?" I called as Sam got up, running to the hallway. "Help! I need help!"

-------------------------

"I can't explain it." Dean's doctor spoke with confusion. "The edema's vanished. The internal contusions are healed. Your vitals are good." He shook his head. "You have some kind of angel watching over you."

"Thanks doc." Dean nodded.

The doctor gave a nod before leaving.

"So you said a Reaper was after me?" Dean asked as I rubbed circles in his palm, not wanting to let him go.

"Yeah." Sam nodded.

"How'd I ditch it?" Dean asked.

"You got me." Sam shook his head.

"Who cares?" I shook my head. "You're back. That is all that matters right now."

I tried to be happy, I really did, but something sat in my stomach making me sick.

Something was wrong.

"Dean, you really don't remember anything?" Sam asked.

"No." Dean shook his head. "Except this pit in my stomach." He glanced between me and Sam. "Something's wrong."

There was a knock at the door.

"How you feeling, dude?" John's voice filled my ears as I watched Sam tense.

"Fine, I guess." Dean said, confused. "I'm alive."

"That's what matters." John nodded.

"Where were you last night?" Sam let out angrily.

"I had some things to take care of." John nodded.

"Well, that's specific." Sam scoffed.

"Come on, Sam." I sighed.

I was pissed at John for leaving, but I didn't want to start a fight in front of Dean when he was healing.

"Did you go after the demon?" Sam asked, making me stiffen.