18. Photo

Future Edit: Okay guys there's something wrong with this chapter, Wattpad glitched and stole like a thousand words so the end is confusing and won't make sense.

Naruto, Sakura, and Kakashi had seen something they didn't think possible.

Naruto gaped, speechless and unsure.

Sakura was confused, but wished to comfort Sasuke and was on the verge of tearing up at the mere sight of her distraught crush.

Kakashi seemed intrigued.

Because Sasuke Uchiha...well, Sasuke was crying.

The team was all discharged from the hospital with minimal injuries except for Sasuke, who had to be in there longer due to the fiasco with Haku.

They had all been in his hospital room, Naruto having been forced by Kakashi while Sakura had refused to leave his side. A nurse quietly walked in and whispered something in his ear. The three watched as Sasuke's scowl dropped and morphed into a look of horror, and he threw his covers off of him and ran out of the room.

Team Seven shared a bewildered look and scrambled to follow after him. They ran down halls and turns, up stairs to the more extensive care units and watched as Sasuke burst into a room. After a long fifteen minutes of anxiously watching and waiting, Sasuke exited the room crying, furiously wiping at his face in an effort to get rid of the tears.

"What happened?" Naruto whispered.

Then, the door opened again and out walked Hinata. She was frankly, almost unrecognizable. Her hair was different from what they remembered, and she lacked her usual timid demeanor. But her wide, lavender eyes stayed the same.

Hinata walked up to Sasuke and put a comforting hand on his shoulder as tears streamed down his face. Then suddenly, she threw his arms around him and tears welled up in her eyes.

Sakura shrieked indignantly, appalled that someone would dare touch Sasuke like that and invade his personal space! But she calmed, for Sasuke would throw Hinata off and probably snap at her.

...But he didn't. He held on, just as tight, as his body shook with a sob. When he finally sniffled and released from the hug, he held Hinata's hands in a comforting gesture.

His voice carried down the hall, loud enough for them to hear. "How long?"

Hinata didn't bother wiping away her tears. "The doctors...th-they don't know. He was in there for five days, Sasuke-san. Th-the scars—" She broke into another round of sobs.

Team Seven shared an uneasy glance.

::

"Are you ready to go?" Sasuke whispered.

Kiba's eyes were still glazed over, staring idly into nothing. He bobbed his head in a minuscule nod.

Sasuke's heart clenched, but he helped Kiba onto some crutches and led him out of the hospital. They didn't speak as Kiba maneuvered around with the crutches in a familiar manner.

Until Kiba was feeling ready enough to walk all the way back to the Inuzuka compound, he'd stay over at Sasuke's apartment as it was nearer. Akamaru was still under the Inuzuka Clinic's care.

Sasuke pocketed his keys and stepped aside to let Kiba in. The door clicked behind them as Sasuke scanned his relatively empty apartment. He rarely slept here in favor of sleeping in the Inuzuka household, and he wasn't really one for decorating anyways.

"Sasuke?"

Said boy perked up considerably, as Kiba hadn't said a word since he woke up this morning. He strode over to the open doorway of his room where Kiba was standing.