b u c k y; friends?

(this imagine is for 40s bucky, but it's not set in the 40s)

plot - you and bucky hate each other. really, hate each other. as an attempt to try to get the two of you to stop your ongoing feud, tony decides that you have to work together to organise the annual christmas party.

warnings - quite a lot of swearing if you're not into that.

————

"fuck you, barnes." i cross my arms stubbornly over my chest and let my back hit the sofa cushions.

"hate me all you want. at least i'm fuckin' honest." bucky throws his arms up in the air and then he, too, takes a seat in a nearby armchair. i find myself unable to stop glaring in his direction.

"i was joking, okay, it was fucking joke. do you know what that means?" i yell across the room. bucky's mouth opens and he takes a sharp breath like he's about to say something.

"alright, alright. remember why we're here. christmas party planning." tony stands in between us, trying to prevent an actual fight from breaking out.

"yeah, you guys need to shut up." wanda, who's one of my best friends, whines from across the room. she's curled up on a beanbag chair with a fluffy dressing gown on.

"don't be mean, wanda. you know what they're like." natasha says from bruce's side. wanda's been sick for a few days, and she's moodier than ever.

"anyway." peter interjects, trying to get us back into the discussion of the christmas party. "let's talk about the party."

"okay, while we're on the subject of Y/N and bucky, you guys are going to be in charge of the whole planning of this christmas party." tony's words are hard for me to believe, and bucky and i sit there with the same shocked expressions crossing our faces.

"no!" i start.

"you can't do that, stark!" bucky finishes.

"i can't believe im saying this, but i actually agree with what he's saying for once." i say. tony sighs.

"well, you're just going to have to get over it. i'm doing you guys a favour. trust me, you'll see that." i can tell that, in tony's eyes, the conversation is already over.

everyone gets up to go back to their rooms, and i angrily do the same, but tony grabs my arm and pulls me back. "uh-uh, missy, you're staying right here with our very own winter soldier."