s t e v e; "suddenly, i'm feeling better."

plot: you're a nurse while on a break from being a full time avenger

plot: you're a nurse while on a break from being a full time avenger. steve gets pretty badly beaten up in a battle and you take care of him. steve tells you something while he's close to passing out and you ask him about it later.

warnings: steve being a cheeky lil shit towards the end, bucky and tony bromance which i am living for, lil bit of nasty talk i guess, steve's really fucking cute okay.

————

"little help over here would be appreciated." bucky's
voice echoes into the room. i swivel around on my little spinning stool and see him struggling to keep himself upright while half carrying steve. one of the captain's arms is draped over bucky's shoulder and he wobbles as he looks like he's about to pass out. i rush over and take a hold of steve's other arm, but i'm considerably weaker than bucky and i don't do much in the way of helping.

"sorry, with all of the commotion outside i didn't even hear you come in, buck. you should've called for me and i'd have brought out a stretcher." i try to act like i'm fine as the incredulous weight of steve's body makes me feel like i'm about to be crushed.

"sorry. wasn't thinking straight. i just panicked and brought him here." bucky says sheepishly, and i know that, if he was able to, he'd be chewing his fingernails until they were merely stubs.

i turn around as much as i can and see tony hurrying past. i call out to him. "you busy?" i ask. bucky and i haven't managed to move so much as a centimetre due to having to carry steve. tony shakes his head and approaches.

"pepper wanted to see me, but you guys look like you're struggling." tony says. he takes over for me and him and bucky manage to walk steve over to the medical examination table in the corner of the room and hoist him up onto it.

i hurry over and take a look at him. "do you know what happened, buck?" i ask. bucky nods his head. he's biting his fingernails now.

"he got hit by a couple boulders out there. and then that huge thing from thanos' army whacked him with it's tail and floored him." bucky stands over steve protectively and my heart breaks a little, seeing how worried he is about his best friend, "you think he'll be okay?"

"yeah, buck, he'll be fine. i just have to check over him a little, d'you guys have anything else to do right now?" i ask. tony puts a hand on bucky's shoulder and slowly guides him away from steve.

"let her work right now, buck. he'll be okay." tony says to bucky, who nods hesitantly, and then he turns to me. "we'll go see pepper. we'll be back at HQ in about twenty minutes. do what you can, kid."

i smile and then wait for tony to close the door behind himself and bucky before getting to work. "hey, stevie. it's Y/N, how are you feeling?" i start off, trying to get steve to say anything, really.