46: The Intern Part Two

Start from the beginning

"Okay, if you promise you'll be safe. If I tell you to run, you run, got it?"

"Understood," I smiled. The day carried on with no other information about Mutilator, so in that time Shoto ran me through some of the hero work he hadn't told me about yet. There were a few moments during the day which made my heart warm up, including him actually putting his hand on my lower back as he showed me around the parts of the agency I hadn't seen. He always remained physically close to me, and always sent me sweet smiles during the day which given the climate and the mass murderer being on the loose, I was quite thankful for.

- Timeskip -

It had reached Thursday evening, meaning my week with Shoto was almost at an end. I had to admit, I was incredibly sad to think I would have to leave and a part of me hoped he would offer me a full-time internship here, as apposed to just the week long one that was mandatory from UA. This week finishing also meant that I wouldn't be able to stay at his home anymore, which upset me more then I'd like to admit. My feelings for him, despite only officially meeting him this week, had rocketed sky-high. All week I had wondered if he returned my feelings, especially with the way he had been acting around me, but another part of me kept on saying that I was overthinking everything, and that all the close encounters and the many sweet compliments was just him being kind.

"Ready for patrolling?" Shoto asked, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Hm? Yes, yes of course," I said, checking the time on my phone and seeing it at 19:55. Deku was waiting outside Shoto's agency for us, and the three of us made our way towards the East end of the city once again.

As the night progressed the streets began to empty and darken, the sun disappearing behind the tall buildings. Together, the three of us walked down some of the empty back streets of the city, Shoto and Deku ahead apparently deep in conversation. I stared at the two of them, wondering what they could be talking about when suddenly something made me stop. Out the corner of my eye I thought I saw something odd down the alleyway I was standing at the entrance to, but as it had gotten dark it was quite difficult to see. I stepped into the alleyway a little and flicked on the lights on my suit, and what I saw in front of me almost made me throw up. Hanging by its neck from a fire escape was a skinned body, with organs spilling out and blood all over the ground and walls of the buildings either side.

"Well well, looks like a little girl has found me," a maniacal voice sounded, and in front of me was a man who looked an awful lot like the pictures I was shown of Mutilator. I froze in the spot as he stood up from the crouching position he was in, and I saw his face covered in blood. In his hand was what looked like a human liver, and as he stared at me he took a bite from it. I screamed out, shouting for Shoto when suddenly there was a piercing pain in my left shoulder. Mutilator has thrown a knife at me, and the pain spread across my body however I didn't pull the knife out, instead activating my quirk.

"(Y/N)!" I heard Shoto shout my name at the top of his lungs as he sped around the corner, immediately halting after seeing the situation in front of him. I brought my impenetrable shadows to act as a shield, it effectively being a wall in front of Shoto, Deku and I.

"Oh my god, that was him wasn't it?" Deku said and I nodded, wincing a little as I brought my hand up to the knife in my shoulder.

"(Y/N)! What happened? How did you- you're going to be okay," Shoto said protectively as he came over to me quickly to look at my wound. He seemed to be also trying to convince himself that I'd be okay.

"Night Witch, drop the shadow," Deku demanded, his famous green lightening beginning to spread all over his body. I did as I was told and there was Mutilator with a huge twisted smirk on his blood covered face.