Chapter 12

(Percy)

I look over at Bella skipping around me and giggling while glancing at me every so often. We are walking along the beach under the full moon. I wonder why her friends didn't keep an eye on her after she was struck by the moon spell.

Bella grabs my arm and drags me over to the shore just out of the water's reach. She sits down on the sand and pulls me along with her. The sand clings to my legs and the sound of the crashing waves fill the silence. The ocean starts to rise and create bigger waves in anticipation of me nearby.

"Why don't you wanna take a swim with me, huh?" ,she asks while giving me puppy dog eyes. "You're probably just afraid I'll beat you."

Laughing loudly I drag my hand through the sand, letting it slip through my fingers. I gaze up at the stars and the memories crash over me much like the waves close by. If only I had the power then that I have now, maybe things would have turned out differently.

Bella leans over and brings her face close to mine, "Why do you feel like the moon pool Percy?"

I look at her questioning face waiting for an answer. The full moon lights up her eyes, making them big and round. Her blonde hair so much like Annabeth's. I contemplate for a while, "That's because the moon pool is part of the oceans power and I was born from that power. In a way I command it."

She blushes and look at the sand, writing my name with her finger.

I tilt my head curiously, " Do you want me to take you back to your friends?"

Looking away she whispers, "No I want to stay with you for a bit more."

A comfortable silence envelopes us with the waves crashing in the distance. Time slowly ticks away with us not moving or saying a thing. Suddenly Bella stands up, "Well I'm taking a swim if your coming or not."

She starts to walk to the water and after the waves crash against her feet she runs and dives in all the way. After a while she resurfaces and I can see she has her mermaid bikini on. Sighing I take off my hoodie and shirt, leaving my flip flops next to the pile. Bella yells at me to hurry up and I roll my eyes before running and diving in myself.

The water revitalize me and gives me a new burst of energy. Bella swims over and pulls me under the water laughing happily the whole time. I smile and let her pull me under. She doesn't even realise it is not normal for me to be able to breathe under water. "Come on Percy race ya around Mako."

I take her by the shoulders and turn her to face me. We stay like that until she blushes and looks away. Taking her face gently I turn her head to look at me. "Do you know how losing in a swimming race feels?"

She rolls her eyes but never stops smiling. Leaning close she announces, " On my count. 1.. Go!" With that she speeds into the water laughing.

I smile looking at her speeding away. Without much thought my powers churn the waters around me and a small tension in my gut pulls tight...

I shoot past Bella.

(Cleo)

"So you're telling me that you tripped and accidentally pulled down the cover from the window and now Bella is running around outside under the moon spell?"

Rikki nods her head not looking very sorry. I sigh and sit down on the couch in Zane's living room where we set up beds to camp out the full moon. "We need to go out and find her."

Ash shakes his head, "How do you plan to do that? If you haven't noticed none of you can go outside right now." He was sitting next to Emma holding her hand, exactly where they have been for most of the night so far.