Chapter 2

Harry doesn't get uncomfortable anymore. After being kicked out of his home and forced to sleep on the couch of the man that introduced Harry to boxing, he's pretty good at keeping a level head in sensitive situations.

But he couldn't stand to stay in his house while y/n slept in. He's usually the first one awake, checking on Arlo and starting to make breakfast. Weekends are his time at home, no gym day, no morning runs, no fight reviewing.

However, the ball of nerves that ate at his stomach this morning, creeping up his spine and into his brain, reminded him of everything his mom had done.

He kept thinking back on the first months of living with Nick. He had been too depressed to keep up with school, too depressed to go to the gym, to depressed to find a job and too depressed to box.

It felt like his heart had been ripped from his chest and left in his empty bedroom back at his mom's house. Nick had been a God send, letting Harry sort through his feelings, not asking anything of him except that he eat and help out around the house a bit.

For months, Harry had been twisted up with anxiety. What was he going to do? He had no money, no job, no school, no family. How was he going to make a life for himself? The unknowns had made him physically sick, throwing up and triggering panic attacks.

The day finally came where he could no longer do nothing. He had gotten up, dug around in a bag for workout clothes and decided to go for a run. He ran for miles, mind going blank and the endorphins from running taking over. It was the best he had felt in months.

He ended up running to the gym Nick worked at, sweaty and breathless, requesting a sparring partner. Nick got him in the practice ring, got him boxing again. Finally, he was well enough for Nick to give him a trainer. Liam spent day after day in the gym with Harry, pushing him fight after fight until Harry was one of the most popular boxers in the city.

He started winning fights, starting drawing in crowds, starting making money. He got an apartment, took care of himself and kept boxing three times a week. He met y/n, asked her to get a drink, and planned on taking her home just for the night. Instead he found the woman of his dreams, fell in love, got married and had his wonderful son.

Everything he had today, he got from the one run he went on.

So when he woke up this morning, on the verge of a panic attack, he gently woke y/n. He apologized for leaving but said he needed some air, happily accepted her kiss of assurance, morning breath and all.

And he went for a run. He ran until the panic in his chest had been set free and his legs were cramping and his brain felt clear. He ran until all he could think about was y/n and Arlo and how happy they make him. Then he ran home.

~

Anne knows if Harry were to walk into the house right now, he'd see her snooping. He'd probably be peeved at her, ridicule her for suddenly having an interest in his life but she doesn't care. After the few photos she saw last night, the ones in which Harry looked unbelievably happy, she couldn't help herself. She wanted to see what she missed.

So she tip-toed to the living room, not wanting to disturb y/n or Gemma, and began examining the dozens of pictures of her son's little family. With guilt sitting heavily in her chest, Anne notices that in most of the photos, Harry's still the loving, sweet boy she raised.

There's a photo of a younger Harry, face still a bit chubby and curls at his shoulders with Mickey Mouse ears holding the wild locks down. Y/n is with him, her own set of Minnie Mouse ears on. They're standing in front of Cinderella's Castle, fireworks exploding behind them as they share a kiss.