Chapter 6- Threatened

I spent a few hours in jail thinking about what Kevin said, "It wasn't a stranger". Is that supposed to mean the person wasn't a stranger to me or to him? It didn't sound good either way.

I heard footsteps approaching me. Kevin and two guards were on their way to my cell. He opened it and told me I was free to go back to my room. The fingerprints weren't mine, but they weren't the witness's either. So we're back to where we were, not having any idea who the murderer was. I felt so weak while they were removing the handcuffs. I couldn't believe that I had been fooled into believing Kevin cared about me. As much as I wanted to cry, I wouldn't, not in front of him.

I left angrily and headed towards my room. I met Caroline halfway with tears in my eyes. She was the only person I was comfortable crying in front of, so I let it all out. She hugged me without a second thought and apologized for taking so long.

"I need to be alone for a while" I told Caroline.

I opened my room's door. Thankfully, they changed the sheets, removed the blood stains, and fixed everything. I sat on a chair and started putting the pieces together. I had a few theories in mind.

Theory#1: The jerk and the fake witness were working together, he filled the cup for Caroline so it wasn't the witness's fingerprints. Then she killed him for some reason and claimed to be a witness to frame me.

Theory#2: The jerk had nothing to do with this he was just a bully, and the witness was paid/threatened by someone else to pretend she saw me.

OR

Theory#3: The jerk was doing all of it and he was already dying somehow so he paid the witness to accuse me. Probably not that one but I'll keep it as an option.

Either way, that lady knew something. Kevin said she wasn't a stranger, which is just creepy.

An hour later, somebody knocked on my door. I opened the door and Kevin was standing in front of me.

"What do you want? Are you here to arrest me again?" I asked sarcastically.

"Hey, about what happened, I just wanted to say I'm really so-"

I slammed the door shut in his face.

Did he really expect me to forgive him? Wow he really IS crazy!

Someone knocked on the door again. Ugh I don't want to hear it why can't he just leave? I ignored him, but the knocking didn't stop. I opened the door.

"I don't want to- oh, Camila, hi", I smiled.

"I'm sorry about what happened to you, I wanted to let you know that I never doubted you, even before they scanned the fingerprints", she told me as she was entering the room.

"That's very sweet of you Camy, glad to hear that", I commented and shut the door behind her.

She tidied up the place then left. It was time for lunch, I ordered some fried chicken from a nearby restaurant. It took a while for the food to arrive since there weren't any cars in Pengale. The country wasn't too advanced in technology, but at least they had lights and good plumbing.

    However, the delivery guy isn't allowed to enter the castle's boundaries. Therefore he handed it over to whoever he found near the front door. That person gave it to another man who sent it to the royal kitchen who sent a random servant to get it to me. Complicated, I know. I could have just taken it myself but I didn't feel like seeing anyone. The reason I'm mentioning how deliveries work in Pengale, is because there was a piece of paper in the center of the chicken. At that point, I had no idea who put it there, it could have been anyone.

It had "The boy was just a warning. I'll give you two choices, either suicide, or watch others die. Enjoy your meal. Oh, I wouldn't eat that if I were you" written on it.

I noticed that the chicken smelled funny. I can't believe I'm doing this but I'll take my creepy stalker's advice, I won't eat this chicken, just in case it poisonous. I guess they want me to starve to death.

I'm sure that letter wasn't sent just to ruin my appetite, it means whoever wrote it and the others is still alive. I wanted to tell someone about this, but last time I did, it didn't end well. Besides, I didn't even know who to trust anymore.

*Honestly I'm just upset about the chicken😐🤷‍♀️*
Please don't forget to vote cus like, why not?😂😁