"But I don't mind it anymore... it's no different to hunting. The strong prevail and the weak go extinct...", another pause, this time shorter. Still no reaction.

"I don't understand why people judge us for it.", you emphasized the 'us' slightly. He finally looked up, "It's just natural. Evolution."

You could feel him searching through your mind again, figuring out whether or not you had spoken the truth or if you had just wanted to soothe him. If you had wanted to find some artificial connection between you two. He didn't need long to see that you hadn't lied. That you felt the same exact way whenever something horrible happened. Which was either joy or nothing at all. Worrying, normally...but not to you. Not since you had figured out that there was someone else.

He didn't say a word but from the look on his face he was more than just satisfied with your opinion on the rather delicate matter. You shoved your plate over towards him and he finished the rest of what you couldn't eat. Supporting your head with your hand, you just watched him.

"We are fit for each other, aren't we?", you eventually said, interrupting the comfortable silence between you two.

"Mhhh?", he made, swallowing down the last bit of food.

You laughed, "I don't mean the fact that you always eat my food. I mean...The only ones that can harm you are other force users. Or let's say, effectively harm you. They are the ones that are dangerous to you. One on one.", you paused. He put down the fork, "I can get rid of those. It is literally what I am most effective against. Yeah, okay I can shoot quite well over long range. But I was made to eliminate force sensitives."

"What do you mean?"

"We are symbiotes! I can kill what can harm you and you protect me from the rest. Which is...if I'm honest. Far more than what I can do, but there is one threat you have trouble fighting against...no offense here, I just mean it hypothetically speaking. But against that threat I'm perfect! We were practically made for each other!"

Kylo looked at you briefly before he leaned forward and kissed you. He moved his head back slightly, grinning widely at your flustered expression.

"We were....in more ways than one."

He laughed loudly as you, once again, started blushing.

"24!", Rosie's cheerful voice was mildly distorted by the intercom. It was a bit more husky, then again...you could have just woken her up. Life in space wasn't really coordinated by sunsets or sunrises, "I'll let you in, one second.", she added. The speaker next to her door made a clicking sound and less than thirty seconds later the doors themselves slid open.

"I brought you something.", you said and held up a bottle of wine. You personally didn't really like drinking, but Rosie did. She was still pulling down the edges of the sweatshirt she had just put on as you already made your way inside, "I promised we'd have a talk. So here I am."

"That's...that's lovely 24 but I have work tomorrow...", she said, reluctantly following you inside.

"Oh right.", you pulled out your data pad and swiped through a few menus, "Now you don't. Don't worry, you'll still get paid and it won't deduct from your holidays."

She stared at you, her eyes wide open, "What."

"Don't ask.", you said, putting the wine on the countertop and leaning against it, "Life has been...quite something..."

She nodded and got herself a cup of coffee out of the fridge. You stared at her. Eyes widened in disgust.

"What...is that...", you pointed at the white mug, filled with cold brown soup.