29: The Labyrinth III

Start from the beginning

Out of reflex, Hylion helped him up. "Thank you, big bro!" Bazuul politely said even though he himself knew full well that there was no need for help. He felt invigorated and extremely powerful after his world had consumed this dark apparition. The dark side of the plate, that made up half of his inner world, grew upwards again.

"No need to thank me! Are you alright?" Hylion asked.

"Yes, I feel wonderful. Good beauty sleep is always the most rejuvenating!" Bazuul answered jokingly with a grin on his face that only curled up on one side.

"Beauty sleep?!" Hylion thought inwardly. Wondering how one could be so shameless as to call a situation like this a beauty sleep.

"Looks like my third brother has left already." Bazuul casually remarked.

Karon had left with the help of the three commoners while Bazuul was still in the process of opening the Will of Noxae.

"Well, I'll be leaving too. There are still things for me to do. See you later!" He said. Before Hylion could react Bazuul had vanished into the shadows.

Once again, he raced through the cave-system, creeping within the shadows. The path in front of him kept on twisting and turning as he was looking for the other one, Hugo Dias. Unaware of where he was he kept on going further and further. When suddenly another vast space opened up in front of him.

This time no one was around but there were old structures everywhere. Moss already grew on the old stone bridges and the balconies on the walls of the cave. As abruptly his mind dazed and his body paralyzed in shock. This place reminded him of a vision he once had while cultivating. The winds dragged him off from his chamber and into the cave of a mountain range. Once within this area, the winds pulled him down one of the many paths in here, where he eventually landed in front of a huge blue crystal with a silver hue. Through this crystal, he heard her voice. Giving him hope that she had also been reincarnated into this world.

With still five hours left, he threw the thought of wasting his time with an insignificant individual such as Hugo away and focused on finding the crystal.

It took him about two hours but eventually, he did find it.

As he physically stood in front of the crystal he could feel the might within. It was imbued with the light of the moon. Thus, the silver hue. The power that emanated from it, the might of the moon, was one of extreme cold and Bazuul had to rotate the energy of the little sun within him in order to resist.

Subconsciously. he touched the crystal with his bare hands, and could actually hear and see Elanar. It was just the same as in the vision he had seen weeks earlier. After finding that he could focus as much as he wanted and was still unable to clearly hear or see her, he stopped.

He sat beside the crystal and crossed his legs, rotating the energies within him. Slowly drawing the force inside the crystal out and infusing it with his own. As he did that, the light side of his inner world which had yet to react to anything started to grow. Just like the dark side, it first grew outwards before curving upwards. More than two hours passed, the vivid silver hue had vanished and most of the might of the moon did too.

Bazuul exhaled as he opened his eyes and cold fog left his mouth. The effects of becoming the host of all this energy had been immense. It turned the world he once called a yin and yang plate into a yin and yang bowl. Yet, he still had to convert all of it into his own. Most of the energies he consumed were still laying around within his inner world unattended. Clouding the whole of it with mist much like the time he met Velamar in his dreams after reincarnating.

Bazuul, not knowing how much time was left, stood up and finally intended to exit the labyrinth.

Once more he merged with the shadows and raced through the cave system. Every time he came into contact with the ground, walls, or the ceiling the light shockwave somewhat created a map of this labyrinth in his mind.