Muli kong kinuha iyong flyer at binasa ng buo. May sweldo! Shuta!

"Paano kung truth naman pala itey?" tanong ko.

"Hoy, Mader, 'wag ka ngang uto-uto, itapon mo na 'yan," sabi naman ni Mona.

Shuta talaga iyong sweldo, eh! Kailangan ko pa naman ng pera ngayon, as in kailangang-kailangan!! Kaya instead na itapon ko iyong flyer ay palihim ko iyong itinupi at pinasok sa bra ko. There is no harm in trying, at... shuta sayang iyong sweldo!!! Mahirap pa naman makahanap ng dutch ngayon. Hmmph!

CORA'S POV

“Will you tell me the truth, Cora? Did you get enough sleep?” While we were enjoying our breakfast, Zella asked.

I sighed deeply and smiled a little. “I went to bed at 4 a.m. and woke up at 6 a.m., so I only got two hours of sleep.” I proceeded to savor my meal.

“Ano?” she enquired, frustrated, but I simply jerked my head twice, indicating that I am exhausted and lack the energy to explain. But, she yelled, "Tell me immediately, Cora, why you only got two hours of sleep?!"

I let out another sigh. “I haven't gotten enough sleep since I've been keeping an eye on my phone in case someone calls and I want to answer it straight away. I'm scared that if I don't answer the phone, that gay would think I'm playing a joke,” I explained. “So, that's it, I've been watching my phone since I got home from the Comedy Bar until 4 a.m., but I haven't received a single call! Nobody ever calls me! Do they really believe I'm attempting to deceive them?” I asked, frowning.

“I can't believe what I just heard from you, Cora,” Zella said and shook her head. “But, can't you wait long enough? Are you really in such a rush?” she inquired, but I simply pouted and returned my gaze to my phone. After that, I heard her sigh. “I believe you've had your fill of food, Miss Peters, why don't you take a bath now? O talaga bang plano mo lang titigan 'yang cellphone mo buong araw?”

I grumbled and rolled my eyes. “I'm only going to take a bath if I get a phone call.” I returned my focus to my mobile phone.

“Paano kung wala?”

“Then I'm not going to take a bath—”

“My gosh, Corazon Peters!” she exclaimed again, stopping me from speaking. “You've lost your mind! If a gay man is interested in applying, he will definitely contact you, all you have to do now is wait!”

I glanced at her in ire. Can't she simply keep her mouth shut and do whatever she wants?! But wait, she's meant to be in the hospital right now because her schedule has shifted from night to morning, so why is she still here? Get involved in my business?! Tsk!!

“Don't you have a work, Zella Amore Hernan?” As I asked her, my left brow furrowed.

Her eyes widened as she drew back her mouth. “I'm late, I'm late, I'm late!!!!” She screamed angrily and dashed to her room.

Oh, good luck, my best friend!

But, damn!! It's already 10:30 a.m. and still, no one has called me! Oh, goodness!

Busy pa naman ako ngayong araw na ito. Well, a customer has been asking that I provide the five-ring designs by 1 p.m., but I've only completed three so far. I need to finish it as quickly as possible.

So, if you're the right gay, hurry up and phone me right now!

And, I almost jump when an unregistered number flashed on my phone's screen! “O-Oh, sh*t!” I mumbled with glee.

This is it! My prayer was finally granted by the Almighty!

I took a deep breath and pressed the answer button. In a normal tone, I said, "Hello."

“Ikaw ba 'yong baliw—I mean, ikaw ba 'yong naghahanap ng Gay Boyfriend?”

Did she say baliw? Baliw daw ako?!

But nevermind. I don't have time to be puzzled about it, but I do have time to be happy now!

Oh, my goodness! She is gay! Her valiant attempt to sound like a woman can obviously be heard.

“Are you interested in applying?”As I walked into the living room, I inquired with a huge grin on my face.

“Totoo ba talaga itey, Missy, or cheka-cheka lang?”

I sat down on the couch. “Of course, this is completely legit, no one is attempting to deceive you here. So, if you're interested in applying, please let me know right away, but first and foremost, what is cheka-cheka?” I replied. That 'cheka-cheka' is so weird!

I heard her laugh on the other line. “Ma-no-nosebleed ako sa'yo, Missy, buti na lang best in English ako noong kindergarten at elementary,” she said and her laughter burst out again. Tss!

Is it fair to hold me responsible if my parents only taught me the English language when I was a child and I only became a little fluent in Filipino in high school?

Tss, it actually makes me sad that so many people find my Filipino accent amusing and strange.

“Ay, pero 'yong cheka-cheka, joke-joke 'yon, Missy, ganern,” she went on, which brought me back to reality.

“Well, I'm not joking at all,” I replied.

She then double-checked, “May sahod talaga 'to?”

“Of course! But, can we talk about this personally?”

“Sure, Missy!” On the other line, she exclaimed, and I could hear a tinge of excitement in her voice.

“Okay, I'll send you my address. I anticipate you to arrive before 11 a.m.” I instantly hung up the phone and texted her my location.

And, as I lay down on the couch, I unconsciously embraced my cellphone.

Seriously, I'm looking forward to getting to know her! I can tell she's the right gay!