Dream come true

I bent down to pick up the books as did he and my eyes caught his,blue as the sky ,fairy as a tale,I quickly looked away handing over the books to him.

Laila; Sorry I wasn't looking.

He replied smiling; Says those with the "sicht".

I was confused and said what?

He replied; "The parables of vision" ?

I kept quiet, looking at him, apparently his words doesn't ring any bell in my head.

He said; well, it seems you're not an art student anyway so don't bother reading it. Just as he went off

Mr zakir came out and saw me;Ah miss Laila,Look who I was waiting to see . I entered his office waiting to hear some words of advice.

Mr zakir; Miss Laila,you must be wondering why I called you here today though this is not the first time but today I have an important issue to discuss with you.

Phhuff!!wondering why you called me here?,I said to my self

Laila;yes Mr zakir.

Do you remember the Model test last year for the National visual art ?

Laila;The one whose results is to be announced today?

Mr Zakir; Exactly

Laila; yes,what about it?

Mr Zakir; you've been selected as the best concrete modelling student in AUN.

Laila;I almost died of suprise.me!!!

He nodded

Laila;I beg your pardon sir.you must have mistaken me for somebody.

Mr zakir;Are you finding it hard to believe miss Laila ?,not only that,The REEM committee recommended your tremendous  efforts and concensciousness of ideation on the creativity of your work which is why you're going for the national level without further assessments. Unless if the school wishes put you through this process .......that I can't say for now.but what I know is that you, among others is so far the best. Here..,this form should be filled in before next week .
  My throat went dry and I could not find any words to say but Alhmdulillah,thank you Mr zakir.i collected the form and left the office. I went outside the department to clear my head .

Deep down I knew everything was gonna change , though art work is the one thing I never joked about ever since when I was little , i Ioved carving and drawings,mom always brought painting materials for me most times she's coming back from the museum. whenever am bored,i enjoyed it anyway.
   Being selected by REEM has nothing to do with feena,or the whole school, it's about me choosing to use this God given  opportunity to make a difference in my life . From this day  forward, i made a choice to give it a shot.
     I checked my watch it was already time for another class.I picked up my bag and went back to the department ....On my way, I heard ... Announcement, Announcement....All students should proceed to the Auditorium immediately........