iii. THE FLU

( SEASON FOUR EPISODE 2: INFECTED )

( SEASON FOUR
EPISODE 2: INFECTED )

"Carl?" whispered Rick, Carl woke up and blinked. He looks at his father, "Carl. Come on." Rick said. "Is that James?" He asked, Carl turned to look at James who was still sleeping. He nods, "wake him up too."

Rick walks away, Carl rubs his eyes and slowly shakes James. He woke up, jumping "hey it's just me." Carl said, "oh.." he sighed, tired. "My dad wants us." Carl says, "did you sleep good?"

He did yes, James didn't have a nightmare. He felt very safe with someone laying next to him, "yeah..I did."

...

"Careful out there." Rick told michonne, "always am. Any requests?" She asked the three boys. "Books, comics? Some stale M&M's?" Carl laughed, "your the one who likes stale M&M's" he told his father. "Then I'll definitely be looking for some. I'll look for some stuff you two boys like too."

"Why don't you wear your hat anymore?" Michonne asked Carl, "it's not a farming hat. See you soon?" he answered, "pretty soon."

Rick puts the greens in the buckets, going to carl's then James. "You know james, your growing out of your glasses." Rick said, "yeah..I know, but if I throw them away Maggie will get mad at me."
"I'll talk to her okay?"

James nods, "they only took out one cluster yesterday. Probably gonna need more today." Carl spoke, referring to the group taking out the walkers. "Could I?" Carl asked him, "me too?" James said. Rick stood up, "WE have other plans. That's what I should've said." Rick then walked towards the pig pen.

Carl sighed, Rick wasn't a bad person no. But sometimes he could be a dick. "Dad?.." Carl asked, Rick looked at him. "I'm sorry. I've been trying." He told Rick. "Yeah I know, and I'm proud."
"Dad, when can I have my gun back?"

When James first came into the prison, Rick gave him a gun. But, he took him and carl's guns away a month after that. Rick looked at his son, then James who also wanted his gun back. He chuckled slightly, "worms will give them some extra protein."

The three boys stopped in their tracks as they heard gunshots coming from inside the prison. "Guys, stay close." Rick told the two, "help! Help! Please, come quick!!" A little girl yelled as she cane out of the prison.

"Cell block?" Maggie yelled at Rick, "I don't know!" Rick answers. "Get in the tower with Maggie, don't argue go!" Rick tells James and Carl. James put the bucket down, "Carl, michonne."

She whistled, which Carl and James both ran up to help open the gates so she could come back. Carl and James both pulled the rope as hard as they can, the gate opened. Michonne got off the horse but was stopped by two walkers. She was struggling, Carl got two rifles and tossed one to James who caught it.

James shot one zombie coming from behind her, then Carl shot the other one in front of her. Maggie went and opened the second gate, Michonne tossed the zombie up and Maggie shot it. Carl and James both escorted the horse back, looking back at an injured Michonne.

Maggie and Carl were helping Michonne walk. Every time they took a step she would wince in pain, Rick came out which Carl ran up to him. "You might wanna stay back." Carl ignored him and hugged him, "dad, im sorry I didn't see you come out."

"It's okay I'm here. I'm fine but back away." Rick said, Carl let go "me and James had to use one of the guns by the gate." Rick moves his eyes to James, who looked down at the ground. "I was coming back, I fell, they came out and helped me." Michonne explains.

"Are you all right?" Rick asked her, she nods "what happened in there?" James asked Rick. Rick pauses for a moment, the spoke "Patrick got sick last night, it's some kind of flu it moves fast. We think he died and attacked the cell block."

James looked at Rick, Patrick? The nice guy? His friend? Dead? "Look James, Carl I know he was ur guys friend and I'm sorry. He was a good kid." Rick said, "hey, you ok?" Maggie asked his brother. He nods, then looking back down at the ground.

"Is my dad okay?" James asked Rick, "yes they're okay. Glenn is okay, but they were in there." James nods, "you shouldn't get too close to anyone that might have been exposed, at least for a little while.

Carl jogged back to help Michonne into the prison, "Carl. All of you." Rick said, him and Carl nod, now walking inside the prison.

...

"You know if Patrick was catholic?" Carl asked carol as him and James were helping making his cross. "He said he was a practicing atheist." carol answered, Carl sighed and took the nail off the wood. "Told you. But no you don't believe me." James muttered, adjusting his glasses. Carol chuckled at the two boys, they were somewhat getting along.

"Did you tell your dad what you saw in the library yesterday?" Carol asked, "nope."
"James?" He nods, "didn't tell anyone."

"Did you tell their parents?" Carl asked, "no." She nods, he turns and looks at her "are you gonna tell them?"
"No." She sits down, "it's between me and you guys." Says carol, "if you tell your dad or if James tells Maggie then he'll tell them. And like I said, maybe they'll understand, maybe they won't."

"I don't wanna lie to my dad." Carl says, "and I don't wanna lie to Maggie." James told her. "I'm not asking you two to lie."

"I'm asking you guys not to say anything."

...

James was in hershel's cell, sitting on his bed. "Hey, dad..."
Hershel looked at him, "yeah son?" James adjusts his glasses, "carols...been teaching the kids how to you know, use weapons...kill? Fight?"

Hershel looked at him, "and...I think Rick should let her. But she doesn't want Rick to know, Maggie, you, the parents.."
"Well, has she been teaching you?" Hershel asked him, James nods "I already know how."

He smiled at him, "listen I'll talk to Rick."
"Thanks dad."

— LIV!
I know this chapter was boring don't
come at me

— LIV!I know this chapter was boring don't come at me