𝕧𝕚𝕓𝕚𝕟𝕘

"So what shenanigans did you two get up to yesterday, huh? Your stories get more and more interesting each time I hear them." Hawks chuckled to Y/N, leaning forward. Y/N stared into space, eyes red and puffy. Hawks frowned, tapping her on the shoulder.

  "You alright, kiddo?"

  Y/N flinched and looked over at Hawks, forcing a smile.

  "I'm just vibin', bruh."

  "Ah." Hawks said, nodding slowly, as if he didn't believe her. Katsuki was sitting on the opposite side of the table, the guilt eating away at him. How could he make the girl he just recently realized he was in love with cry? Y/N didn't ever cry, no, she simply laughed things off. But yesterday was different.

  Endeavor walked into the room, sighing. "Alright, I'm sure we're all dying to know what Rewind and Ground Zero got themselves into, so why don't you tell us, Rewind?"

  The heroes at the table didn't show it, but they were all eager to hear the next comical situation from the pair. Even Endeavor had started to enjoy their antics, even thought he didn't show it. All the heroes leaned in, anticipating what Y/N was going to say next. She sat lifelessly in her chair, blankly staring at the wall in front of her.

  "Rewind?"

  Y/N snapped out of it, shaking her head slightly and grinning.

  "Ah, sorry. So y'all know the homie Jerome, right? This fool is wild, bro, and so we exchanged a bit of friendly conversation and then Thanos snapped his cheeks away."

"Brooo Jerome do be wild." Kaminari laughed, leaning back in his seat. He looked back at the E/C-eyed girl expectantly. "Is that it though?"

"Uh, yeah, pretty much." Y/N said quickly, not wanting to remember the moments that happened after that. Katsuki glanced at her, then went back to staring blankly at the table. Endeavor's eyes flickered from one partner to the other, eyebrows furrowed.

"Is something wrong? You two don't seem to be as annoying today."

"Nothing's wrong." The two blurted out in unison. They exchanged quick glances before looking away from each other. Y/N didn't want to look at the man she had been simping for again, in fear that she might cry. Katsuki didn't want to look at the girl he loved who he had verbally torn to shreds, in fear that he might die of embarrassment.

"Alright...any other stories anyone might care to share?" Endeavor said slowly, scanning the table. Uravity raised her hand, getting a nod of approval from the older man.

"I saw All Might while patrolling the supermarket yesterday. He seemed like he was enjoying life."

"Ah, good to hear. How was it seeing your old teacher?"

"Well, it was..."

Y/N and Katsuki were both tuning out the chatter in the room, wishing they were at home or at their agencies already. Y/N spared a glance at Katsuki, who was surprisingly on his phone to get rid of his guilty conscience. Seeing him looking unbothered got her choked up, and she felt tears starting to form in her eyes. Hawks heard a sniffle from next to him and glanced at his former protégé, his eyes widening once he caught sight of her glossy eyes.

  "Y/N, what's-"

  "Um, Flame Daddy, sir? I got an urgent text from my agency, can I leave?" Y/N said shakily, trying not to let her tears spill out. Endeavor groaned at the nickname and gestured at the door. Y/N bowed and left the building, Katsuki and Hawks staring at her as she rushed out.

  "Damn, she thick." Mineta sighed, being the perverted grape he was.