Chapter 38 : File A Case

I woke up when I felt like my body keeps rattling and once my eyelids opened, I saw an ambulance.

Wait, I can't go to a hospital.

I abruptly sit up from lying down on a stretcher which caught everyone off guard. The back of my head started throbbing and I winced in pain. "Deonne, what are you doing?" I heard Jungkook's voice and I immediately shifted my gaze on the direction from where it's coming from.

"I'm okay. I don't need to go to the hospital." I said while massaging the back of my head with my shaking hands. I felt something liquid as I touched my nape and when I looked at my right hand, it's blood.

What happened?

Hyelin, Hyelin Kang that bitch. She just assaulted me. I never thought that I will experience such a horrible event.

I trusted her.

I was right about her having some sort of facade but I was blinded by her acting skills. Every moment earlier finally crept back inside my memories and I trembled. Not in fear, but disgust and anger.

How can someone be that cruel?

"Deonne, you need to go to the hospital." Jungkook holds me by the shoulder, his eyes filled with worry.

"Your injury might get worse if a doctor won't check it up, sir." One of the nurses

"I... don't want to." I shook my head fervently and looked at Jungkook. Both of us were wet because of the rain. I'm not even looking at a mirror but I can feel it. I'm a mess right now, physically and emotionally.

"Deonne, you have to..." Jungkook convinces.

"Please, I'm fine. I'll sign any waver... just don't send me to the hospital." I looked at the medical staff who are all glancing at me with bewildered expressions. "Please..."

I heard the female nurse asking Jungkook's opinion and he looked at me before nodding at the staff.

Later on, I got out of the stretcher but the nurses helped me and gave me a chair while they patch up my head injury. They also gave me a towel before giving me a letter that says that they're not liable anymore if my condition worsens because I did not agree to go to the hospital.

I signed the paper with my real name when Jungkook wasn't looking. A minute after that, the ambulance took off as well as some groups of people who are standing to watch the show.

"I need to go home," I told Jungkook once we had a place all to ourselves.

"No, you're staying at ours for tonight." He dictated. He pulled me by the wrist and I saw him flinched. "You're hot."

"Wha-t?" I was flustered by his choice of words. But I knew it has a different meaning when he placed his palm on my forehead.

"You're sick. C'mon, you need to rest." He got down on his right knee despite the wet ground and I was lost for a second. "Get on my back."

Oh.

"What? No!" I exclaimed. He then stands up to face me with an irritated look.

I've never seen him like this. "I don't care if you're a man, Deonne. I'll carry you bridal style if you continue being an idiot." He said to me, he is clearly pissed off.

"Fine." I huffed.

=====

My body is so weak that I felt like resting my head on his shoulder for a bit, "Aren't you tired?" I mumbled.

"You're light as a feather. If you can sleep, go ahead. We're almost there." He firmly said and I just sighed.

Closing my eyes, "Why did you come back?" I asked him the question that has been bugging me the entire piggyback ride time.

He went silent for a while but he came up with an answer. "It rained. You have no umbrella and I was worried... since I'm your friend."

"Where is your devil aunt?" I asked with a sleepy tone.

"In the limbo. But don't worry, I'll make sure she will go straight to hell." He sounds so attractive, but he is just saying all of these since I'm his friend. "We're here." He announced.

I opened my eyes and saw the Jeon's house standing proudly in front of us like no sadist is leaving under its roof. "Put me down," I told Jungkook and he obliged in an instant. "Can you... go inside first?" I glanced at him who already has his eyes on me. Nodding his head at my request, he walks inside.

"What happened?" It was Hanah, fidgeting her fingers out of nervousness I think she already knew something.

"Your sister happened." Jungkook clenches his jaw. Later on, he enters the guest room, also known as the current hideout of his evil auntie.

A few minutes later he came back holding all of Hyelin's stuff in his arms. What surprised us the most is how he throw the things outside their house. "Luckily, the garbage truck comes tomorrow. They can all pick up those trashes, the hell I care." He mostly looked at his mom with anger while saying those words.

He then holds me by the wrist and guides me gently upstairs to his room, leaving the two adults downstairs.

He told me to take a quick bath and he even asked if I needed help. Sparing me some clothes that'll fit me, he waited for me outside his bathroom to finish.

I asked for another shirt and doubled up my top because I told him I was cold, but in reality, I just wanted to make sure my nipples are hidden. He also gave me an underwear that according to him was brand new.

It feels weird to wear a brief. What the hell are you doing in your life, Deanna?

After that, he tucked me inside his blankets and I finally felt comfortable. After going downstairs for a minute or two, he came back inside his room with a basin filled with lukewarm water, a towel, and medicines.

"I'm fine," I said as I stopped his arms from stretching over to wipe my forehead using a soaked towel. He just ignored what I said and gently placed my hand on the bed.

He did what he wanted to do with the towel before placing it onto my burning forehead. "Now sleep. You need to be strong tomorrow, we're going to the police station."

"Is your aunt in jail?"

"Yes, and she will stay there for the rest of her life if you testified about her crimes."

"No. I'm not going to file a case." Court trials require true information about the persons who are involved in the case.

"What? Deonne, she assaulted you! You can't just let it go." He exclaimed.

"Your dad did it before," I muttered and I know that he heard it. It was wrong to bring that up, but I have to find a way to escape.

"That was his biggest mistake that he ever did in his life, my life. Don't do something that you'll regret soon." He convinced me but I still shake my head no.

I sit down and looked at him in the eyes, "Man, I'm fine. Once I got my strength back, I'll kick her ass." I made a joke but it's funny for him. I sighed, "Please? It'll just make things complicated." Lie. "Please?"

He huffed a puff of air before saying, "Fine. But I will."

"You what?" My forehead creases

"I will file a case against her for molesting me when I was a child. She doesn't deserve to live in peace, Deonne. Not after everything that she has done." He stood up and was about to go out of the room when I called his name.

"How will you do that? It happened years ago and no lawyer might accept this case."

"You'll be surprised at how big my connections are." With that, he left me inside his room comprehending his last statement. "Oh, and by the way, your phone is in my drawer. You forgot it."