Harry Potter Is Dead (1)

Start from the beginning

She finally scrambled out of the tunnel, into the shack, and froze, her eyes locked on the limp body of her professor. She'd forgotten that Snape had been killed here, his form still bleeding on the floor.

The noise from the tunnel behind her jolted her out of her shock, and she pointed at the small opening with her wand.

"Bombarda!" She shouted, causing the hole to explode, and fall in on itself, blocking the entrance.

A gurgled gasping sound caught her attention, and she spun on her heel to see Professor Snape's chest rise with breath, as the sound repeated. His fingers twitched at the ground, and she realized with a shock that he was still alive.

"Oh no, Professor." She said, the sight of him driving all thoughts of his service to the Dark Lord from her mind. He needed help, and she'd seen far too much death that night already. She collapsed next to him, inspecting the still seeping wound on his neck. He'd lost a lot of blood.

"Professor, can you hear me?" She asked, picking his wand up off the floor, and sliding it into her back pocket. The man didn't move, and she felt a moment of panic at his still chest, before another gurgling breath filled his lungs.

"Anapneo!" She pointed her wand at his throat, and was glad to hear his next breath clearer, with no liquid sound. She looked from his blank, unconscious, yet open eyes, to his tattered neck. She had no idea how to heal this. Was it safe to Apparate him in such a condition?

"Professor Snape, I need your help. Professor Snape? Please wake up!" She shook his shoulder, and gently patted his face, bringing an almost startled gasp from him as his eyes blearily focused on her face.

"Ho- Home." He finally managed to say, and Hermione nodded, grabbing his shoulder tightly, and disappearing with a loud POP.

The air was squished from her lungs, and she landed in her parent's dark living room. The house was vacant, and she looked back to Snape's face, wondering what use her home was. She groaned, realizing that he'd meant his home. She felt like a dunce, and took hold of his shoulder again, shaking slightly.

"Professor, I don't know where your home is." She admitted, feeling slightly bad for bringing his eyes back into focus. They held pain, and confusion. Not something she'd ever seen on his face before. It made him seem more human, and he scrunched his face, wincing slightly.

"Cokeworth." He choked out, and Hermione nodded, thinking hard of the place she'd seen photos of a few times. They reappeared in a dark alley, and she quickly disillusioned her bleeding Professor, looking around for any witnesses. The alley was deserted, and she apologized quietly, gently lifting the Professor into the air, and hovering him along behind her, as she approached the mouth of the alley.

"Where, now, Professor?" She asked in a whisper, turning when she got no answer. His eyes had closed, and he looked paler than ever. "Professor!" She shook him gently, and his eyes came open.

"Spinner's End." he mumbled, his eyes falling back shut, and she nodded, tiptoeing out of the alley, and hiding her wand behind her back keeping her camouflaged professor aloft. She headed down one road, trying to move quickly, and not draw attention, knowing she looked like she'd just survived a war. She had.

"Hey now, what're you doing, slinking around?" A voice called from a doorway. She turned, and saw the form of a fat, greasy man leaning out of his front door, looking at her suspiciously.

"I'm trying to find Spinner's End." She said, putting on her most pitiful expression. "I've gotten lost, and fell in an alley." She tried to explain her appearance away. He studied her for a moment, and pointed a finger down the bleak looking road.