~22~ Sneaky Secret Agent

Start from the beginning

"...But I was planning on asking her out soon."

"There it is! Well, good luck sweetie. I hope she says yes. I would just love to get to know her. She seems like a nice girl." My mom kissed me on my forehead and let me go.

"Don't be home too late!" She yelled behind me as I walked away. I smiled, waved at her and made my way over to Anna.

"Hey! Can you give me a lift home?" She asked as I reached her.

"Sure, but where's Aaron?"

"He left a while ago. He said he was going to get food and never came back. When I texted him he told me to just get a ride from you. So here I am, asking you for a ride."

"Sounds like Aaron, come on my car's over here."

As we got in the car I remembered a question that I'd been meaning to ask her.

"Hey, Anna?"

"Yep?"

"When Ellie and Elizabeth were telling the story of...what happened they said that it all went down at the middle of Sophomore year. So did you know Tarah before... everything."

She stared ahead for a while, not saying anything. When she started talking I realized why. "She- we- we were really close." She sniffled out.

"She was always such a bubbly person, always so nice and kind. She was sweet and like Ellie, was bad at keeping secrets that would cause others pain if they weren't told. When she started getting curious of Elizabeth and Ellie I told her not to worry about it, of course I didn't know who the two were at the time, but I didn't think she needed to stress over it too much."

She paused for a second, wiping her eyes and nose with a tissue.

"After the whole thing happened is when Tyson turned the whole group into a gang of sorts. With Tony out and about and then there were these rich people that he thought did something to his parents, he felt he needed to. For years we looked for ways to find out what happened to their parents that made Tarah completely close up, but we never came up with anything. Me infiltrating the school was an option. Actually, we were setting up the plan right before you showed up, but we never really thought it would work...until you came along." She smiled at me.

"You guys didn't seem like bad people at all when I first met you. I know most of you now and you aren't, so that day with Deryll... it makes no sense to me."

She giggled a bit before answering. "Deryll is an awful person. He was part of our little family once upon a time until he got greedy. He always wanted us to be a 'regular gang' and sell drugs and things like that. I don't even think you can even call us a gang at this point because we barely do gang-related stuff. All our guns are legal, and we've never even had to use them. Anyway, every month the guys take any money that we can spare and give it to a hospital or charity or any place that will put our money to good use. Deryll decided to steal that money and run. We had finally found him and were interrogating him when you stumbled in."

"Wow..." I started laughing. Hard. 

That day I was so scared. I genuinely thought I was going to die. It's hilarious because now I'm friends with them and the people I thought were my friends just got arrested because of me. Anna started laughing too and for a while we just laughed hysterically together.

After we sobered up a bit, Anna called my name.

"What's up?" I answered.

"I'm going to see Tarah the weekend after next. Me and Tyson. We're going to tell her everything and we're hoping it gets her to open up. I haven't seen her in over a year. It was too hard for me and I was wondering if..."

"Of course I'll come with you, Anna. I want to meet her and if it helps you, then I'll come."

"Thank you, Cameron, for everything. Seriously, even if Tarah doesn't open up, now that the doctors know what caused the PTSD, they might be able to help her."

"People have been saying that to me too much. What did you guys expect me to do? Not help you guys and find out that my friends were selling weed and my girlfriend was cheating on me with my best friend." We laughed together at the thought of that.

"That would be kind of unfortunate for you not to have found out."

"Yeah... it would've. You're welcome anyway."

She smiled at me just as we reached her house.

"Goodnight, mystery man," She said.

This time though, I kissed her cheek. I could see a light red tint on her cheeks as I pulled away.

She smiled at me and jumped out of my car.

As she got to the door Aaron opened it and let her in. He winked at me before closing the door.

I'm a very sneaky secret agent aren't I? ~AA
10:17

I laughed and shook my head before starting up my car and driving away.

A/N
Hey guys!

Did you guys enjoy this chapter? There's a little bit of Anna/Cameron bonding and we get to see more of Camille.

Do you guys like the Camille scenes? Do you want to see her more?

Sorry I didn't double update yesterday, I know I said I would but my teachers gave me a boatload of work for this whole "distance learning" thing.

I think I'll start updating 2/3 times a week.

I'll try to double update on Saturday

Comment and vote if you liked this chapter :)

Bye loves~
Syd.