Chapter 5 • Anna

*four weeks later*

"Psst...Anna."

"Hmm..."

"Happy birthday."

"To youuu..."

"It's your birthday silly."

"To meee...wait, it's my birthday?" I ask, sitting up.

"Yep. And you haven't had a real birthday since we were very young. Kristoff and I have big plans for today," Elsa says. She takes my hands and pulls me out of my bed and hands me a dress.

"For me?" I ask and take it in my hands, admiring it.

"For you," Elsa says and nods. I grab it and run behind my folding screen, putting it on.

"Elsa it's beautiful!" I say, stepping out from behind the screen and continuing to admire the dress. It's even more beautiful now that I'm wearing it.

"You look amazing. Now come on, you've got lots of gifts to uncover. Just follow the string," she says as she takes me out of my room. A piece of white string is laying on the floor outside the door and is running down the hallway. I grab onto it and start following it down the hallway. Inside the head of a knight statue is a gorgeous bracelet. It even matches my new dress. Elsa slides it on my wrist and we keep moving. Inside the portrait room is a new photo of her, Kristoff, Olaf, Sven, and I.

"I love that Elsa," I say and run my fingers across the portrait. Elsa smiles and takes me outside. The string leads up to a picnic basket and when I open it there's a huge sandwich.

"Ooo sandwich," I say and scoop up the basket.

"Your favorite," Elsa says with a laugh. We walk I to town and she sits me down at a picnic table in the park. Suddenly a group of kids walks up and starts singing, being directed by Elsa. After they finish the song, they all pull the string on party poppers, releasing confetti into the air.

"Happy birthday princess Anna!" They all yell in unison.

"Thank you!" I say and applaud. I go around, giving each one of them a hug.

"Now to the courtyard for the best present of them all!" Elsa says.

"This has been amazing. How can it get any better?" I ask.

"You'll see," she says and puts his arm around me as we walk back towards the palace. We get to the gates and she walks in front of me, stopping me.

"Cover your eyes. Don't open them until I say," she says.

"Okay I won't," I giggle and put my hands over my eyes. I hear the gates open and she leads me inside, reminding me not to peek. We come to a stop and she takes her hands off of my.

"Okay...open!" She says. I move my hands from my eyes and see Kristoff, Olaf, Sven, and several other people in the courtyard.

"Happy birthday Anna!" They all say. I jump up and down with excitement and Olaf runs up to me and hugs my leg. Kristoff hops and Sven's back and they run over to me and he scoops me up so I'm sitting on his lap. His other arm is behind me, holding me up. I hold onto his shirt and put my other arm around him, resting my hand on his back.

"I love you Anna," he says. My eyes go wide and I look at Elsa, who has the sweetest smile on her face looking at us. I look back at Kristoff. My mouth is open and I want to say something, but I'm at a loss for words.

"I...I...y-you do?" I stutter.

"I do Anna. I love you a lot," he says again. He smiled and puts a hand on my cheek. I blink at the tears in my eyes and they fall down my cheeks.

"I love you too Kristoff..." I choke out. I put a hand on his cheek too and he wipes away a couple of tears before kissing me sweetly.

"Anna..." Elsa says gently. Kristoff and I get down off of Sven. Kristoff puts his arm around my waist and I lean against him, resting my head on his chest. I put my hand on his chest and his free hand comes up and covers my hand, as if we're in a dance. (the photo depicts what I'm trying to describe. I'm just a bad writer lol)

"You guys did all of this for me?" I ask and look up at Kristoff then back at Elsa.

"We love you Anna. It's been too long since you've had something good like this," Elsa says. I smile and step away from Kristoff; but I don't let go of his hand.

"It's incredible. I love you guys," I say and pull both of them into a big hug, one arm around each of them. I feel tears in my eyes again and then I'm crying.

"Anna, why are you crying?" Elsa asks and wipes tears from my face.

"I just...everything that's happened to me...and now  I have you guys here and we're all together and...I just...I don't know," I cry and swipe at my cheeks, trying to hold myself together.

"I know. Take a deep breath. It's all okay," Elsa says me hugs me tight. I hug her back tight and she tightens her grip on me.

"I love you Anna," Elsa says.

"I love you too Elsa," I say as we pull away. She wipes some more tears from my face.

"Now...how about we have some cake and get inside for the night. We can get in our pajamas and play charades," Elsa says and chuckled a little bit.

"Yes!" I say. I turn around to Kristoff and he has a smile on his face.

"I'm in," he says.

Each of the other guests who was there takes a piece of cake to go and we get the rest inside.

"We'll worry about cleanup tomorrow," Elsa says. She whispers something to one of our staff members and comes back over to Kristoff, Olaf, and I.

"Let's get around for bed then we'll meet in the lounge room for the game," Elsa says. But she has a somewhat devious smile on her face. She's definitely up to something.

Kristoff goes and gets Sven and I get in my nightgown and put on my slippers. I wrap my cloak around me. It's pretty cold in the castle tonight.

I walk down towards the lounge room and see the light from the cracked door. I push the door open and see cake out for all of us and the room is lit softly by candles and a single lantern. I feel Kristoff's hand on my shoulder and I reach my opposite arm up and put my hand over his.

"Do you really love me?" I ask, not turning to face him yet.

"Yes Anna," he says softly. I feel a kiss on the top of my head and we go into the room and sit on the couch. Suddenly Elsa bursts in with Olaf and Sven.

"Who's ready for charades?!"