만지다⁴

Jimin painful rose from his bed

Jimin painful rose from his bed. His body aching and his mind racing from the sound of the street-life down below. He rubbed his eyes, squinting at the sun that shone directly into his bedroom from the glass wall. He groaned, holding his head in his palm.

"... Fuck," he groggily says, glancing to the other side. He checks the clock on his nightstand, "... It's already the afternoon?"

Jimin sighed before laying back in bed. Covering his eyes with his arm, his sleepy body is disheveled from dry tears and sore wrists. He lifts his arm up, regretfully looking at the thin lines that scattered his wrist. They were fresh, it was noticeable by the recent scabbing of dry blood.

He looked over at his nightstand, opening the small compartment. He takes the small razor that was resting on top of his clock, placing it back inside the drawer and grabbing a box of Tylenol. He knocks down a bottle of Ambien, a couple pills rolling out of the open cap on the nightstand. He doesn't bother to clean it up instead reaching for his beer bottle that was hidden beside the bed frame. He felt for the rim of it and grabbing it from under him.

He swirls the bottle around to see if there was still more contents. Noticing the liquid sloshes around, he took some Tylenol into his hand and swallowing it down with the alcohol. Sluggishly placing the bottle back down on the floor. He lays in bed for a bit before archly forcing himself out of bed.

"Another day," Jimin sighs, holding his head into his hands. He curls up over his knees as the banging in his head irritates him. He hisses quietly, helping himself to stand by using the corner of the nightstand.

He drags himself to the bathroom. It's the same routine. He kneels over the toilet and shoves his fingers down his throat, choking out the poison out his stomach. He allows his stomach to release the contents out and into the toilet, coughing violently and flushing. He rests his back against the bathtub, tilting his head back and swallowing dryly. His head often gets lightheaded after days like this.

He stands up to brush his teeth. His reflection in the mirror is exhausted: his eyebags have swollen and darkened over time, his jaw seems to get slimmer day after day, and his collarbones poke out naturally. Rinsing after and leaving the bathroom soon after.

"Aria," Jimin calls out to the light-up speaker on his living room coffee table. "Turn on my
TV and play KBS World."

"TV is turned on."

He moves the shades away from the glass wall that was in his living room. The apartment only had one wall that divided the main room and the bedroom. The entire wall that pointed out to the city landscape was completely glass. The light immediately shone in causing Jimin to squint again from the bright light, but it luckily met he didn't need to use his electricity for lights.