"Just hear me out," Seokjin pleaded, pressing his palms together with a sympathetic expression. "Military service isn't that scary, Taehyung. You'll get in trouble if you don't comply-"

"My father died from casualties of Yeonpyeong," Taehyung narrowed his eyes in annoyance towards the older, "My mother almost abandoned me because she couldn't even look at me after that. I told you hundreds of times, I'll break a leg. I'll puncture my lungs. I'm not going into the military. Call me selfish for all I care, but I'm not going to defend a country that killed my father."

"Why don't you leave Korea then?"

Taehyung bit his lip, lowering his head before shaking it. "It's not that easy," he says, "I've been trying to sign up for a green hard or even a working visa, but they won't let me because of military service. They keep saying I have to do it before I leave the country, but I'd rather go rogue."

"You'll be a disgrace to this country," Seokjin sighs, grabbing Taehyung's pencil and twirling it in his hand. "... I can't stop you, but just know what you're doing. Alright?"

Taehyung closed his book and took the pencil out of Seokjin's hands. He grabs his backpack that's resting beside his chair, packing his materials. "... Let me check out a book and we can go find some place to eat."

"You've read my mind!" Seokjin loudly exclaimed before being shushed by the other participants in the library. He bows his head apologetically before getting up with the younger and following him into the endless void of bookshelves.

Seokjin ran his hand past the columns of oak wood, trailing his fingertips against the dust that smothered the untouched books. He could hear the faint breathing of Taehyung and their footsteps as they get further away from the tables and librarian.

They hit the deepest corner and Seokjin spoke up. "... Why're are we all the way back here?" He asks, looking to his right as Taehyung stopped in his place in front of a certain row of books.

"I was here two days ago," Taehyung says, sliding his fingers across the endless rows of book covers till he spotted one. Dust particles can be seen floating above him under the direct sunlight coming from the window beside them. "... I found the book I've been wanting to read lately..."

"You never told me? I could've bought you it," Seokjin hummed, shoving his hands into his pockets. "What's it called?"

Taehyung pulled the light lavender book cover out from the dull shelf. He turned to Seokjin, his melanin balancing out his softer features with a monotone expression. The golden hour happened to light up his brown eyes filled with interest. "... I want to die, but I want to eat Tteokbokki."

"Is that the book title or how you feel?" Seokjin laughed, crossing his arms and leaning back on one of the columns. He stayed shaded from the sunlight.

"... Both," Taehyung smiled slightly, "Wait! Be careful-"

Seokjin stumbled back from the book shelf suddenly shifting away. There's a loud push against the wooden floor, and Seokjin instinctively grabs the shelf before it could fall. "I got it."

Taehyung let out a sigh of relief. "Be careful, they can tip over easily. I forgot to tell you."

Seokjin adjusted it for a moment before shaking his head. "Don't worry about it," he reassures, "It's not like I'm coming back here anyways."