★♡Chapter 17♡★

★♡Y/N's POV♡★

Y/N's POV♡★

Nene stared at one of the dolls that looked just like Aoi. with widened eyes before she rushed passed. "Aoi!" She yelled as tears welled up in her magenta eyes

"Nene-chan wait!" I yelled as I ran over to her to comfort her.

Nene grab the doll version of Aoi and began shaking her. "Wake up, Aoi!" She cried. "Aoi!" As she shook it one last time the head to the doll came off and fell into the cover water floor. I quickly put a hand over my mouth and felt myself wanted to throw up.

"It's just failure after failure. I've had enough" Yako said in a deadpanned tone. I glared up a the blond woman and was about to get up and slap some sense into her. I didn't care anymore. Yeah, I might be and scaredy-cat but if anyone hurts Nene or any of my friends I'm going to hurt them back.

As I was about to get up I felt and hand grab onto me tightly. I looked down and Nene holding onto it for dear life. "Please Y/N-chan don't..." I heard her mumbled into my hand. My eyes softened before I nodded.

"I'll do as the rumours say" Yako said darkly. I slowly looked up and saw Yako was holding one of those giant shears that attacked us a while ago. "And tear you apart, too" she told us.

Before I could even react she attack. I closed my eyes getting ready to feel the shears cut in both me and Nene. But what felt instead was someone grabbed both me and the frightened girl. I opened my eyes and saw Kou. "Are you two all right?!" He yelled/asked. I looked at and before I could reply I saw his arm had change into a doll's arm magically. "Hey, what the hell is this?!" He asked with widened eyes. As much as I wanted to laugh It had to wait. Now wasn't a good time.

Amane quickly made his way to us and stud in front of Kou with his knife out really to attack at any moment. "It looks like that thing turns humans into dolls when it cuts them" Amane told the panicked blond.

"Wh-what are we gonna do about that?" Kou stuttered our still looking at his arm in worry. "Oh, I know!" He said as he realised something. He then turned to Amane. "Transform like before and blow it away! With you cape and stuff!" Kou told the ghost with a smile.

Amane looked at Kou before shaking his head. "I can't" he told him.

"What?!" Kou questioned.

The black-haired ghost let out a small sigh before answering. "This is Number Two's territory. I can't use Haku-joudai's power without her permission" he informed the young exorcist. "That would change if we broke her Yorishiro, but it looks like it's not here" Amane said as he raises his knife.

Kou not liking what Amane was saying yelled: "What are we meant to do them?!"

I looked at Nene and saw her hug onto Aoi body. I put a hand on her shoulder. "It's going to be alright" I told her which only Nene replied with a small sob.

I suddenly began to hear footsteps. Thinking it was Yako, I quickly looked up read to attack at any second. But instead of Yako, I saw Amane looming over us. "Stand up" he said as he helps me up from the wet ground. Nene not listening just kept crying into the doll. "You're giving up?" He asked Nene. Still no answer. "She's still alive, you know." Nene's eyes widened before she slowly looked up at the ghost boy for him to keep going. "This world is on the boreder between life and death. Nothing is born here, but nothing dies here, either. In a world without life and death, people who don't know when to give up are unstoppable" he said as he took out his hand for Nene to take.

A few more tears escaped Nene's eyes before she wiped them away and took Amane hand. "I'll do it! I'll do anything!" She yelled.

"Oh no..."I mumbled to myself as I glanced at the ghost as my smile turned into a frown. 'Don't you dear!'

Amane stared down at the girl for a second before he smirked evilly. "Anything?" He asked.

My eyebrow twitched and I looked over at the idiot that stud next to me. "And you had to ruin the moment. Huh, Hanako-Kun..." I said with a sweatdrop. Amane looked at me and giggled before shrugging his shoulders. 'Evil bastard.'

"Once you find true love, don't expect to find it again. So hold onto it, hug it, embrace it, while you have it"

Unknown