★♡Chapter 3♡★

★♡Y/N's POV♡★

★♡Y/N's POV♡★

We eventually found ourselves at the gardening club, and I smiled proudly at the plants I helped grow. This was actually the place I met Nene. When I was alive I was actually in the gardening club... but after I died and I saw the club in full swing, I didn't go. I was too upset. About 3 months ago I finally started attending again. Mainly because of my teacher, Tsuchigomori... he wanted me to stop bothering him after school. "This is our school's practice garden!" I explained to the shocked ghost boy. "Nene and I are in the gardening club."

Amane looked over at me and smirked. I already knew what he wanted to say. 'You're still the same Y/N~' or 'You haven't changed in 50 years~' and similar crap.

Nene walked away from me and Amane with a gardening hoe in her hands before hoeing the ground. "My special skill is gardening!" She exclaimed proudly. However, Amane just looked over at Nene with a weird look. She didn't like that one bit. "What's that look for!? I grow flowers too! I'm plenty feminine!" She shouted angrily, making me sigh for the upteenth time that day.

As Nene began telling Amane about an incident that happened a month ago, I grabbed a watering can and watered the flowers. I hated how that guy treated her... he made my precious Nene insecure about her legs! When she told me him I wanted to break his nose, but Nene stopped me before I could. "But that was a month ago! I'm totally over it now!" I heard Nene shout while covering her face in embarrassment.

Me and Amane shared a look before directing our attention back to Nene. "No, you're not" we said in unison.

"I am! I'm totally obsessed with Minamoto-senpai now!" Nene claimed. "I'll get a wonderful person like him to return my love and prove I'm too good for that guy!"

"Oh?" We heard Amane mumbled. Nene uncovered her face and stared at Amane with a confused look. "So anyone would do?" he inquired.

For a hot second I felt my dead heart stop. I stole a glance at Amane, only to catch him smirking. 'Is he trying to make me jealous?' I thought angrily. Already knowing the answer, I was quick to turn my attention back to the flowers I was previously watering.

"Of course not!" Nene yelled at Amane. "Don't be silly, Hanako-San!"

"You say that, but I bet you don't know munch about Minamoto-senpai."

"Of course I do"

"Okay then, what's his first name?" Amane asked her.

This caused Nene to stop to process his words. She then leaned over to me before whispering. "What's Minamoto-senpai's firs-" but before she could finish, Amane cut her off.

"Oi, don't ask her!" He yelled, then let out a small sigh before pulling out a pen and a heart-shaped paper. He gave the items to the girl, telling her to take them.

I looked over at the two and raised an eyebrow. "A message card?" Nene and I questioned in confusion.

Amane's smile widened as he began explaining his plan, "Yup. Give this to your senpai, along with something you grew. I call it Operation: Present!"

"But I've tried before and-"

"You won't know if it'll turn out the same until you try" he said, trying to reinsure the worried girl. "Come on, make the most of what you've got. You've put all this hard work into it."

I huffed in agitation before standing up to look at Nene. "Hate to say this Nene-chan, but Hanako right..." I was already regretting my words. "J-Just try it" I stuttered with a blush crawling across my cheeks. Amane looked over at me in surprise. I guess he wasn't expecting me to say that... I made a growling sound before mouthing "this doesn't mean we're friends again."

Right after I spoke my silent warning, we both heard Nene exclaim "All right! I give it a shot!"

Amane turned his attention back over to Nene and clapped his hands in joy. "Yeah!" Nene looked at the heart-shaped note with anticipation and began thinking of what to write on it. As Nene focused on the paper, Amane floated over to the white-haired girl with a certain question in mind. "By the way, Yashiro, what have you been growing?"

I made a sour face as I remembered what we had been growing. "Those" Nene and I say as we gestured towards the vegetables.

"Let me see," Amane said with a smile before he looked over where we were pointing. I cringed to myself as I saw the look in his eyes. "Well...I guess it's fine."

︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

Everything that you love, you will eventually lose, but in the end, love will return in a different form.

Franz Kafka

︵‿︵‿︵‿︵