✹ P R O L O G U E ✹

The visions started when she was in the fifth grade. A rainy day followed by a rainy night. Aarya Hashim laid in her Little Mermaid bedding, tossing in the sheets. Her forehead was covered in a thin sheen of sweat while soft whimpers escaped her mouth. Inside her head, a nightmare progressed.

She stands in class, laughs echoing around her, as the teacher she admires hands her a test with a bright red FAIL in the upper right corner. A panic stricken Aarya tries to apologize but the teacher doesn't hear the end of it and drags her outside the classroom. She stands there until recess.

It soon ended after that and her eyelids slowly fluttered open. She wiped at them to find tears and got out of bed to get ready for school. The nightmare a screaming fear at the back of her head.

Similar dreams repeated themselves for a week before becoming a reality one ordinary day. A failed test, mocking classmates and a punishment. Aarya came home crying, her naive brain not grasping it. However had she imagined it so vividly, down to the last detail?

As the years progressed, the situation remained relatively calm. The nightmares didn't stop but they weren't too bad. What she would have for breakfast, met people before she had even seen them, the new toy her dad bought,etc. And they didn't even bother her. She was fine with them, even thought of them as a superpower given to them. A gift no one knew about. The visions weren't frequent, sometimes once or twice a year. So rare that most of them Aarya didn't even remember.

But university is a new leaf, the beginning of adulthood. What happens when it also becomes the beginning of visions that Aarya can't turn her back from?

Copyright © 2020 All rights reserved.

This book or any portion thereof may not be reproduced or used in any manner whatsoever without the express written permission of the author except for the use of brief quotations in a book review.

A/N- The story is set in Pakistan which means there will be a few differences from normal wattpad books which are usually set in the U.S. It is written in English but if there any words or phrases that may confuse, be sure to comment and I'd love to help out.