CHAPTER FIFTY-FOUR

Start from the beginning

Alex stormed away from him after that to leave him with his thoughts. There was not a chance that she was going to allow him to change his morals on her behalf. She cared too much about him to let him fall that low. She didn't care if someone like Oliver had made those bad choices, this was Barry.

Barry felt guilt when he ate the last cookie in the jar, he couldn't live with himself if he was to kill someone, even if it was someone as terrible as Grodd. Once he crossed that line, he couldn't undo it, he couldn't run fast enough to stop the hatred within himself if he was to kill.

She was frustrated at him. He knew that she didn't like the ends that he was going through for her. He should have also known better that she was going to be furious at him for thinking like that. Barry was a smart guy, but too many times did he make dumb choices when it came to the safety of her.

Alex planned to go find Cisco and Wells, but instead, ran into her brother. Dylan quickly noticed the scowl on her face and asked what was wrong. Since being there, he had never seen her angry. It was a huge change from their teen years when he rarely saw a smile on her face.

"My ever loving fiancee is what's wrong," Alex nearly snapped. "I know that he's worried about my future but there's just some things that he's willing to do that I'm not ready to accept. I mean is my life really worth the death of another?"

Dylan stayed silent. He didn't know what she wanted to hear. Of course in his eyes she was easily worth the life of another, she was his family. But her attitude at the moment told him that she didn't want to believe that. She didn't want to believe that not only Mirage, but Alex Holt was worth someone's life.

Alex sighed at his quietness, she was sure that he had the same mind set as Barry at the moment. "Look, Dylan, not that I don't love having you here, because I really do and I'm glad that you know the truth now, but I think that you have to go home, where it's safe. If Grodd does attack I don't want you anywhere near it."

"Wh - no, you can't expect me to leave now," Dylan argued. He wasn't shocked that she was trying to get him to leave. After all, the whole reason that she kept her life a secret was to keep him safe. If gorilla's were planning to destroy the city then she wanted to know that he was out of harms way.

"I'm serious, it's not safe here," Alex tried again. "You're the only family that I have left and I can't see you get hurt in this life, especially because of me. I brought you into it because you needed to know the truth but now it's time for you to go back to your regular life. I'm sorry that is has to be this way, but it does."

><

"Hey, Alex, just wanted to let you now that your idiot boyfriend is trying to stop a missile strike by himself, figured you want to -"

Alex had gone back to her apartment with her brother. He was angry with her in the fact that she was trying to get him to leave but he understood where she was coming from. Alex was worried about him and his safety, at the end of the day he needed to understand that she new best.

When they got to her home, he tried one more time to argue with her that he should stay. If she was really going to die in three months time then he wanted to be there to spend those last days with her. He deserved that much after all the trouble that she had put him through.

Alex told him that he couldn't, at least not until things were at least calmed down in the city and they were in imminent danger. That didn't seem to be any time soon so therefore he wasn't going to be coming back either. If he was the last member of the Holt family then he needed to live to carry the name on.

When Dylan finally agreed to her plans, they had started packing his things. He wasn't ready to leave his sister again quite yet but he had not other option. She could shove him wherever she wanted if she so choose to. For now, he would go back to his home in Coast City.