CHAPTER THREE

After the attack that Barry and Alex had lost against a new meta - Sand Demon they called him - she locked herself in Cisco's workshop in hopes to get the calculations done about the breach theory

After the attack that Barry and Alex had lost against a new meta - Sand Demon they called him - she locked herself in Cisco's workshop in hopes to get the calculations done about the breach theory. She had been shook up by the fight, particularly since it was her first in months.

They assumed that it was a simple fire that had to be put out, which they had accomplished rather quickly between the both of them. However, a meta had rounded the corner and surprised the two of them when he shot a fist made of sand at them. It had been spooked off by the sound of an alarm thankfully.

After being in a coma for six months, she was a little bit rusty on using her powers. Not to mention that her first time going out was supposed to be an easy task, and instead turned into the difficult issue of fighting a meta they knew nothing about. Getting back into the groove of things wasn't as smooth as she had hoped.

Barry had to go to work which meant that Alex had spare time to work on the math calculations. It had taken her several hours, along with a painful headache that emerged from trying to use the minds of four super geniuses. Though her migraines didn't occur anymore, she still had painful times when she over worked her powers.

Alex wasn't sure if it was because she had been in the coma or if it really was just over working her body and her powers. Either way, she should have taken it a lot slower, the ache and pain all over her body wasn't worth it. She could barely move her head hurt so much.

"Whoa," Cisco entered his workshop and looked at the boards filled with calculations and Alex sitting in one of the chairs rubbing her temples. "You did this?"

Alex slowly nodded but winced at the movement, she had never used her powers like that before and it was taking a toll on her body. Cisco looked impressed as he glanced over the work that she had done, everything seemed to be on the right track for sure.

"Are you okay?" Cisco asked the blonde. Once again, she nodded. He didn't believe her but didn't push the question again. If there was one thing he knew about Alex, it was that if she said she was fine, she wasn't going to accept help from others.

"I figured it out," Alex sat up straighter. Her body screamed at her not to move but she pushed through the pain. "Exotic matter - or transdimensional matter you could call it. It leaked from one universe to another which caused the breach between our Earth and Earth-2."

Alex stood up and pointed towards that calculations that led her to that conclusion and then another set that would allow them to find where all of the breaches were located. Cisco was in shock that she had done that on her own. It wasn't that he didn't have faith in her brain, it was how quickly she had done it.

"We can make some adjustments and upload an electrophotography program to our satellite and find where the matter leaked from," Alex concluded. It was the brief version of everything she had done in the past hours, but it served the purpose she was trying to display.