CHAPTER FIFTY-FOUR

Harry tinkered with Cisco's vibe goggles so that they could broaden the spectrum of his ability to vibe

Harry tinkered with Cisco's vibe goggles so that they could broaden the spectrum of his ability to vibe. They needed to in order to get ahead of Grodd and figure out exactly where he planned to attack Central City with his army. It had worked, and Cisco figured out the location that he was going to be.

He tried to convince Gypsy to help them fight this battle but she had refused. They let her out of the cell and allowed her to go back to her Earth to stop the fugitive that she was once looking for. That meant that they were all on their own in this fight, Alex was unsure if they were going to be able to beat hundreds of gorilla's with only the four of them.

Once they had figured out the street Grodd planned to attack, Joe set up a SWAT team again and the four speedsters showed up. However, the gathering had only been a distraction in Grodd's plan. He had taken control of Joe and nearly forced him to shoot himself. If it wasn't for Barry, he would have.

They didn't know why he needed the distraction, but they were going to figure that out. They had discovered that when Grodd takes control of someone, they also have the link to his mind as well. Cisco, Wells, and Alex were going to build a TCM simulator to get Joe to remember exactly what he saw.

It was the only plan that they had at the moment and it was going to have to do. Before Alex met up with them, she stopped to chat with Barry. They hadn't talked all day and by the looks of it, he wasn't doing too well with this whole second attack and still not being able to get ahead of Grodd and his plans.

"Barry," Alex jogged after him as he stormed down the hall. He didn't stop walking which meant that she used her powers to teleport in front of him so he couldn't avoid her. "Is everything okay? You seem off."

"I'm just tired of seeing the people I care about be put in harms way," Barry sighed. "I mean we catch Grodd and then what? Just send him back to Gorilla City just to some up with another immaculate plan to kill off everyone again? No, We have to end this once and for all."

"Wait, stop, stop," Alex kept up with him as he walked past her again. "You want to kill Grodd?" Barry shrugged, why not right? "No, no way I'm not going to let you do that. You have morals, Barry. You cross that line once and there is no going back. I'm not going to let you do this to yourself, especially when it's not just about stopping this attack to save everyone."

"I kill Grodd, the attack never happens, that changes the future and you're one step closer to living the rest of your life in peace," Barry argued. "I mean why not kill him right? Look how many people he's killed, how many times he's hurt the people we care about? Your life for his, seems like an easy decision to me."

"No, Barry," Alex forced him to stop walking this time. She had a serious tone in her voice. "Losing the humanity and mercy that makes The Flash, The Flash is more important than my life. I will lock you in that cell again if that is the only way but believe me when I say I will stop you before you're stupid enough to make that choice."