"Ya," I mutter, to which she sighs.

A pause ensues. I conjure something to say so our aura doesn't turn weird. "Do your colleagues at work ... tease you?"

"Yes. Those wankers," she scoffs. Thus begins a discussion about the last thing I ever anticipated us to have in common, jobs - let's face it, I assumed she was a bit spoiled.

When the bus stops, it's as if the ride lasted a minute. We descend and continue by foot in comforting silence until she chuckles, "You behave like Sil."

"Who?"

"You love metal music like her." She doesn't hear my confusion. "And from my observation, no offence, but you're not a genius, and neither was Sil. She was only smart when it came to causing chaos. Lots of chaos. No wonder he likes you." Her voice drops to a barely audible crack at the end. She turns to me. I look away, weirded out by the sudden eye contact.

"Is Sil someone I should know? And who is 'he'?"

"How did you not know - " she cuts herself off, her eyes widening. "Oh wait, he hasn't told you?"

"Huh? Who are they?" This is getting frustrating.

I consider processing what she's saying to get my answers, but then she teeters, "Sorry! I forget who I am talking to sometimes. "

"Oh ... my bad." I apologise and think: You need serious help, not from me, though. Heck, I'm the last person you should relay your problems to. I can't help you. I already have to worry about my dad's pills and the music stuff ... but I'll listen. It's the best I can do.

She, however, says nothing more for the rest of our stroll. We arrive at what looks like an average suburban two-bedroom apartment. When she knocks on the front door, we hear, "Look who's here!"

"Kean?" I frown at Anna as it opens to reveal Noah's girlfriend.

She is the first to notice my confusion, dropping her grin to deadpan, "Mia, I and a couple of girls have been trapped here by this delusional princess."

"Nice narration," Anna snickers.

"Why?-" We file into the adjoining living hall before I am cut off.

There are three of them: a girl in a green hijab grimacing, the one and only melanin beauty of a school press head with her afro in a bun, and the other girl who was helping Autumn bully me - the Asian dark, long-haired one.

My breath hitches.

"This is Dalia-" Kean points them in the same order. "-Kat and Moon."

Moon has to remain focused on the television before I can breathe correctly.

Trying not to get flashbacks, I also stare at the telenovela playing. Kean raises a curious brow before I realise how weird it is to stand while everyone sits.

I try to relax on the couch. At least, she is not Autumn.

At least.

Relax, Mia.

"Hell NO!" Moon suddenly barks.

Is she worse? I am really worried now.

Kat snatches the remote from her, changing the telenovela. "Chill. I will change it back when they're done with the sex scene -"

"- Give it back." Moon cuts her off.

"No, you've got to learn to consider others around you when deciding what to watch, " Kat insists, turning to Dalia, "right, girl?"